Sign in to follow this  

best year for 450sxf?

I know it's easy to just assume it's the latest... but looking back the 2010 did very well in all the shootouts.

Was the 2010 better in any aspects than the new ones ? better weighted front end ? roomier ? etc etc

I'd be interested to hear any positives and negatives about 2010 v 2011/12.

Cheers

The 10 was the best one in my opinion. They moved the frame 10mm down on the head tube. That isn't just regergitation (sp?) of the literature. That is a huge change that put it in another realm of handling. The bike was so damn refined by that point. It was the last year for the PDS and those units can be made to outperform linkage systems. MX Tech and SPI have proven that. I absolutely love the lack of linkage for casing and clearance everywhere else plus the fact that those bikes were a dream to disassemble and work on.

The carb. I love the simplicity of it and lack of wiring. Its such an organic feel with a beautiful surge in the mid range that they haven't quite gotten with EFI.

I would trade a 10 450 for my 11 350 in a heartbeat if it was in the same condition as mine. The 2010 450SXF is awesome. Cheers.

I loved my 04...... :bonk: but I dont think you were looking for that answer. My first 450 Thumper, that kept me wanting another KTM!

i have been debating this issue. i sold my 07 and started thinking about upgrading to a newer bike and was looking for an 11, then i started looking for a 10. seems that handling between the two are the same according to the mags.

lately i have been finding myself searching for an 11 CRF. lots of details to sort out before my next purchase.

Had the 10 and now the 11 and love the handling, motor etc. I'll bet the 12 1/2 will be sweet but it will be pretty expensive to buy...

I own the 2011 sxf 450 and really like this bike. It's motor is really the best part. So smooth. Suspension is really not too bad at all. I think getting the spring rate for your weight would be key. No regrets. It's been a blast riding this machine