Sign in to follow this  

Urgent help oil leak

Hi,

I need some help as I'm really concerned here. I just got delivered a used CRF150R Expert. Started it up second time and quite a bit of oil came out of one of the overflow tubes that links into a t that runs into the air filter and the other end into the engine case. Stopped it and restarted it a few minutes later and same thing happened as soon as it warms up, a big pool of oil below that tube. Please help as I'm really concerned what it might be.

Oil level is fine just below max, but transmission oil I don't know how much they've filled it up, but seems a lot of oil to just be over filled.

Thanks

Edited by blackcrf250

Same issue, same situation. Puddle of oil on start up, steady stream no drip, from what looks like crankcase breather (just under rear brake lever). Stopped after riding a short while, but not before it drenched the rear brakes.

Is/was it over filled? Bad rings causing execessive crankcase preasure? Just looking for idea here.

Mine was overfilled without a doubt. I just pulled the small plug on the right hand case and let it drain until it drained no more. About 1/2 qt. in my case. This method is also listed in the manaual for changes so refer to that section if unsure.