Sign in to follow this  

Bend diffuser

Goodday all

I have a question. Does any of you guys know if its ok to rebend the diffuser? I had a crash and the engine side end of the diffuser is not aligned with the engine and it is blowing the o-rings away. Hence the pressure is different. I am afraid to rebend it to normal shape due to the fact that it is thin metal (YZ250K1 1998)

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Better to bend/align it than run it tweaked.

Put a 2 foot long pipe or large wooden dowel in the opening of the pipe and give it a tweak in the direction you want it to go.

It will want to bend a certain direction easy and another direction will be tough. Just go a little at a time and keep checking it on the bike until everything lines up. It will probably take several attempts, so take your time and don't let yourself get frustrated.

Cheers Guys

I have to try to rebend it, I already lost 2 o-rings and with blowing the bike gets crazy on low rpm.

Oh, if any one is interested, this saturday in my city Lodz, Taddy won another round of world championship in endurocross. That dude is crazy, flying over big tires whereas others were taking one by one ;>

fb2f8ce135c9e6eae0469a02b5d1d47e.jpg

thx again

ok I know Taddy is a great rider but is it the angle or did he really jump that high.

Tad is awsome. I saw him on the XGames. He did really good. We cheered him all the way. His story is awsome too. Going from trials riding to enduro riding and doing well at that made him a favorite at Endurocross.

Ok Guys

Now my bike is under full re-build i managed to align the pipe with engine before engine removal. Now need to buy an o-ring (is it 43x3? ) and assembly whole bike ;>

New gloss black power coating is on the way

mod my pegs for my hight (192 cm)

new oil fork and shock

Previous owners did not grease the linkage bearing ;/ so new are comming

and all other small bits to bring life to my yz250k1

anyway any of you guys know the size of head o-rings? i know i can buy whole kit but i need only the inner and outr o-ring