Sign in to follow this  

slickoleum grease

just wanted to post a positive review of the product. thanks again russ 17 for the rec. it worked very well.:bonk:

Marc,

Who did you order from? Is this something we can get locally?

Doing a search now, but thought I would ask you. :bonk:

How does the Slickoleum compare to the seal grease sold by SDI? I just bought the bigger tub they offer. Now Im thinking, I want the slickoleum.

I just ordered some the other day to try out. Should get it in a couple days or so. I am looking forward to seeing how it works. I am using the Race tech Ultra Slick Grease at the moment.

just wanted to post a positive review of the product. thanks again russ 17 for the rec. it worked very well.:bonk:
Well, where's the review? :smirk:

How about some details?

Just got my batch of Slickoleum in today. I haven't used it on a set of forks yet, but just comparing it to the Race Tech stuff, the Slickoleum feels slicker by touch. I am looking forward to trying it out on a set of forks soon!

I got this grease in the other day, its very good stuff. Very low stiction on OEM seals. Almost SKF like.

jw

Always heard this was the same as Slick Honey. Have read also that it is.

This is some slippery stuff. I have been using it for well over 10 years easily. Works very well on seals.

After many test sessions, I still personally run this stuff on a foam wiper ring in some of my MTB forks.

As for the KTM, I have run it just packing Slick Honey between the dust seal and oil seal. Run Slick Honey on a foam ring placed between the dust seal and oil seal. Both worked well with the foam version having more longevity. So far on fork seals though the ultimate is foam and M1 gear oil.

In regards to applications with no foam wiper, this stuff is a main supply on stuff I build. Incredible friction reduction on seals to type III hardcoat surfaces. Chrome surfaces work well but seem to dense to "absorb" the Slick Honey.

Keep in mind the temp range limitations.

Incredible stuff, and proven for around 15 years.

PK

Maybe I am missing something here...you pack the grease between the dust seal and the oil seal of forks??

Well, where's the review? :smirk:

How about some details?

it lubricates better than the pc grease i used to use on my seals/bushings. also, i use a thin fllm on shock piston bands when assembling. for less than ten bucks a tub, give it a shot. it also works on linkage bearings.