Sign in to follow this  

ktm mini adventure clutch

just bought a 2005 mini adventure need to know what is the best clutch to get for it. if the martin and slater are any good or any other brand. and the best washer stack to use

It has coil springs in place of washer stacks. Makes for great starter bike easy power for kids to manage. Had adventure clutch in pro sr as first bike great for learning and trail riding , bad for racing it keeps them out of power band. You can washer to increase engagement speed. Good stainless washers can be pute in for race stall. We ran all the shoes on market not much difference oil made the biggest dif for us. The adventure clutch was way less maintenance than washer clutch. You will learn to hate 3 shoe clutch and be able to swap it out in less than 9 minutes keep basket and needle bearings good. Buy parts of ebay never had trouble with slater stuff not the best quality but ok there plastics sure dress up ktms nice.

Good luck hope this helps

Not sure if the adventure uses the same clutch but had one of these for a 50Pro Jr., not the carbon disk. It was the best addition to the bike. Almost maintance free and very reliable. Might not be race legal so you may need to check into thatif you do race.

http://www.r1dean.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=14&zenid=v04u50h52m2es6jrbskl6r2v70

can i switch to a washer stack instead of spring or can i add washer and if so how many. i want to make it more aggressive

You can use flat washers under spring to increase tension on spring making it turn more rpm to engage. You have to push on bolt to get threads to start because of shims, use locktite . Watch vidio on Martin slatter and you can build washer stacks . The perfect stack is hard to come up with and will change as your kid progresses. The key is to keep the stacks even you need a caliper and keep trying different washers till you are all the same. You can shim for wear and engagement speed. You will grow to hate this clutch just when you get it perfect something will change. Welcome to 50cc racing. We ride metrakit with disc horstman clutch, you can buy disk clutches for ktm to but they are pricey.

Change oil frequently and watch the bell and needle bearing for wear , don't get the engagement speed so high the bike becomes hard to ride maintenance goes up with that kind of stack. Hope I have helped you it's not hard just take it apart and experiment. If you use just atf oil change it oftener.

You can run a washer stack in the bike as long as you have the bigger pipe and carb. If you only have the stock ones, the bike wont even pull. You can also change the gearing up, kind of depends what type of tracks you ride.

X2 on putting a flat washer in the springs to make it more agressive for now. Only go to the stacks when you block off the oil injector and put an SX pipe on it. In stock trim it wont push a washer stack.

When I bought it it had a fmf pipe from a sx bike and the oil injector is blocked but I haven't checkedwhat its has for a clutch. But it doesn't real start to take off and pull until the bikes already moving aat about 20mph.

When I bought it it had a fmf pipe from a sx bike and the oil injector is blocked but I haven't checkedwhat its has for a clutch. But it doesn't real start to take off and pull until the bikes already moving aat about 20mph.

If your mini ad is set up that way then you'll want to put a washer stack in there. Only problem is the mini adventure does not make the same horse power that a liquid cooled bike does.

I found a washer stack installed on my son's MA when I thought it was springs. It was a weird stack [()()()()()/. I put the recommended washer stack from KTM talk same as Munn racing recommended and it wouldn't move even with the engine revving real high. It's been awhile since I had that bike, but I believe I put a [(())(()()/ stack in it. Best part about the washer stacks (at least for me) is you can experiment with them and change the stack to where you want it to engage. To each his own though...