Sign in to follow this  

switchback mx butler pa INDOOR

does anyone know anything about the indoor track in butler they have been building? im too far away to just drive down and look but im close enough that when its done im going to ride it!

didnt know they were doing that I was just saying yesterday we need an indoor place around here... I hope someone can chime in.

I just emailed Rich at the track yesterday. He said not ready yet, "hoping for sometime in Jan-early Feb at this point."

I talked to them at the GP race and back then they were saying they were behind schedule. I have recently heard that there is still no set date but shooting for end of Feb. my friend drives past it everyday on his way to work and said they just dumped some gravel outside the building and looks like they are still working. So who knows. At this point, no need to rush cause we can be riding the outdoor tracks in a few weeks lol. Just get it done right so it's awesome for next year.

if they could get it open by mid feb. then it would still get used for a month or 2. It would be nice to have a dry track for that time of year.

Bump. Now open full steam.

Tues-Thursdays 3pm-8pm (Bikes only)

Fridays 3pm-7pm (Bikes only)

Saturdays 9am-11:30am kids only

Saturdays 12/noon-5pm (All big bikes)

Sundays 9-11:30am (kids only)

Sundays 12/noon-5pm (All big bikes)

Quads starting Sundays November 25 / 5pm-8pm. Big and little quads. Otherwise rentals only.

Indoor can be rented

Mondays - Anytime

Tuesdays-Fridays - Before 3pm and after 8pm

Saturdays - After 5pm

Sundays - After 8pm

switchbackmx.com for more info. Hit Switchback Raceway up on facebook and pictures/video on switchbackmx.com and or youtube.

Looks cool. 4.5 hrs away, doh! :banghead:

I was there last week. It is better than nothing, but still arenacross. 5 lanes with nothing to dangerous. about 2 hours away for me. It is not real big, and the obstacles are not real big either. In the dead of winter, it is better than not riding......

Hmm - Impossible for a indoor to be 5 lanes wide if you want to do laps.

The track is 6 lanes wide - 7 lanes total with one lane across the building. It's a football field big exactly all clear span/no poles and 2 times a big as a arena cross track as arena cross is held on hockey sized areas and are 4 lanes wide (just to clarify).

Everything is safe as far as jumps as said but you can do a few jumps that very few have done if your a pro-level rider. Hepler and Fowler as of now have done two jumps no one else has with Michael Fowler trying one that was just insane. Track will be changed a good bit once the winter riding picks up and people start to ride indoors.

If you want the place to your self for the most part Tue-Friday evenings have been real slow. On the weekends we seperate mini rider times so there is no waiting around for all the mini classes etc... You will get plenty of track time and you will get a workout and have fun. Spread the word and thanks.