Sign in to follow this  

Texas Rio Bravo

Went out there for the first time since it was re-opened a couple of years ago and it is really cool place. They have a couple of MX tracks that aren't extremely techical (small jumps and table tops) and they have a marked trail area. The main trail is one-way, tight, and a little tecnical. You can ride off of their property and extend your loop (not sure how legal that part is). They reopened the swimming pool and there is a large covered pavillion. It's now a membership deal - easiest is $50/year and $15 per ride. There are other options to choose from (see their web site http://www.riobravomx.com/). Really well taken care of and a lot closer than SHNF. You won't have the long loops like you get in the forest; but still a lot of fun.:bonk:

I had Rio circled to ride when they close the trails at SHNF.. So good to hear a positive report.... :bonk:

• Like 1

They have a special through the holidays where the $50 yearly membership includes 2 free rides. After the first, it will go back to one free ride.

Looks like the Forrest might be closed for the weekend, as at Wednesday it was closed.. Doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be closed IMHO..

So might head out to Rio for a look on Sunday.. Any takers?

I should be back in town and if I'm anywhere near over this damn cold, I'll try to make it to Rio or the forest; whichever you and Jake decide on. I'm also going to try to get one of my CR500s going if heading to Rio.