Sign in to follow this  

Help installing Battery Tender Jr......

Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure this was as straight forward as it seems. So, do I simply remove the cables from that battery ( negative first) then place the black/neg. cable from the Battery tender Jr. on the negative terminal, and the red/pos. one on the positive terminal, then re-install both battery cables over the first two, then bolt them down ?

'Zat it ?

Also, I don't think i recieved any aligator clip set-up, was I supposed to have ?

Thanks........

Yes, attach the positive and negative wire tender leads to their respective contacts on the battery, then re-install the power leads from the bikes electrical system. When you want to float charge the battery you will just connect the leads from the battery tender unit to the connectors coming off of your battery terminals. I received alligator I have a battery tender unit on my yfz450 quad as well as the rhino...just plug it in and forget about it. I received alligator clamps with my unit, but I chose to install the male-female quick connects instead. These connectors are a better connection anyways.The battery tender is the best product on the market for maintaining the batteries year round.

Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure this was as straight forward as it seems. So, do I simply remove the cables from that battery ( negative first) then place the black/neg. cable from the Battery tender Jr. on the negative terminal, and the red/pos. one on the positive terminal, then re-install both battery cables over the first two, then bolt them down ?

'Zat it ?

Also, I don't think i recieved any aligator clip set-up, was I supposed to have ?

Thanks........

For the quick connect, I put the positive on the battery, the neg on the frame bolt that is supposed to have the seat strap. Then the plug routed back to the turn signal, if you loop the plug cap around the turn signal stalk, it holds it in place when the cap is on the plug.

Thanks for chiming in,guys, but now, I got one guy telling me to attach both wires to the battery, and one guy telling me to attach one to the frame, which was pretty much the confusion I had in the first place. :bonk::smirk:

Either way will work because the bike has a common negative system; the frame is tied to the negative terminal. May be easier to route just one wire into the battery box and maintain a seal. You should have gotten a set of alligator clips as well as the terminal end. Great product. I have 2 of them. One for my GTO, and one I swap between the lawn mower and the bike when I don't ride the bike because of the cool temps.

Just got a genius g1100 as a gift. Has a agm mode, anyone know how to tell if your battery is an agm battery (no clear markings on the batt).