Sign in to follow this  

help please I think I messed something up

I was taking off my rear subframe/airbox and while detaching the plug to my airbox the wires came out of the plug. I was not paying attention on how the wires went into the plug and then pushed it back in, I am not sure if the blue wire goes in the back or the front. Did I put it back correct for or are the wires backwards. Please help!

IMG_7715.jpg

Oh wowzas. I actually work for a company that builds innovative new electric hybrid bikes. Anyway, we deal with those deutsch connectors all the time. You should just refer to your service manual in the electrical section to get a grasp of your + and - for the wire and the connector.

Another tool that is very useful for installing those wires in there is a poker. It looks like a pen or screwdriver but it's literally just a fine pointed piece of metal that we push the wires in until they click. That connector may be a little different but either way, don't freak out. You'll get it just do some service manual research. Also, what is that plug for?

I happen to have my seat and tank off at the moment.

6495902793_def252a4ce_b.jpg

When connected, the grey wire points towards the front of the bike. The blue points towards the back. Looks like you have them right. Did the wires actually pull out of the metal connectors? If so, I'd be concerned those will come out again.