Sign in to follow this  

California Wildomar OHV Trail

I haven't been for a few years...it is small area..alot of single track. I think you need a wilderness pass to go there. The rangers show up a few times a day.

Anybody have any fun at Wildomar OHV Trail? Please tell me I don't want to drive up there and it sucks.

Please tell me.

Unless you are a total beginner, it is a waste of time. You can cover every trial in 20 minutes. The road in takes 30 mins!

Anybody have any fun at Wildomar OHV Trail? Please tell me I don't want to drive up there and it sucks.

Please tell me.

Yes, it is a longer drive than trail ride. Great for teaching new riders. adventure pass needed. Very dangerouse on weekends.

I haven't been for a few years...it is small area..alot of single track. I think you need a wilderness pass to go there. The rangers show up a few times a day.

True statement, rangers are there all the time.

Unless you are a total beginner, it is a waste of time. You can cover every trial in 20 minutes. The road in takes 30 mins!

X2, plus Rangers.

Cmaon Darrell you have my number, I could have told you, and these guys are right, small, not challenging at all (unless you want to try that giant steep rutted out rock crawler trail).

I went there in my Jeep and played around for about an hour, only found 1 trail that was too difficult and I wouldnt even go down the damn thing in my Jeep (sissy, lol)

Just go to Corral Canyon (Pine Valley) super fun and trails from mild to wild and a LOT bigger, I love going out there, and its ideal for a smaller bike like your 250 since it is mostly tight singletrack, but there is also some fire/access roads and quad width trails, fun place.

However you had better have a spark arrestor otherwise Ranger Dan will give you a ticket...let me know if you want to go sometime during the week if possible, its a zoo on weekends and you risk a possible collision (ask me know I know, lol) since the single track has tons of blind corners, so I dont go on weekends any more after that...

I should have my bike all back together by the weekend, and now its fully ported, I put in a 488 kit, ordered a new Stage III Hotcam, so it should handle the desert nicely now (wheelies in 5th gear with 110mph gearing?), so I guess getting that new kTM 300 is off the list for now, I will probably just get a 2007+ YZ250 2 stroke and put in a big bore kit and low end pipe to make that next years race bike and I will race the 250 class instead of Open class. I think my 450 should be competitive for now, especially since I am the size of a 12 year old, hahaha!

Gimme a call and we can go ride! I dont have solid plans for next weekend yet, I am still waiting on parts for the 450 like the cam and a few other things..

Thank you all for the imputs I will probably never go to that trail, don't ever want to see ranger Dan, won't ever buy a wilderness pass and yeah if its a short ride F that its to the desert I go.

Hey Jason Im ready to go this weekend so I hope you finish your bike, ill probably show up saturday mourning since i have duty Friday and stay late Sunday since it isn't a major holiday like thanksgiving was..Ill give you a call and see where your at Wednesday and now I'm really going to work on catching you dude your going to be flying with that big bore kit.

TTYL

Thanks again everybody for heads up on Wildomar.

I been there once. I never once saw a ranger though. Alot of the trails were rutted which I didnt like but it was a nice change of scenery for me and I enjoyed my day there. I never even got to do every trail cause although I'm embarrassed of it, I got lost and get running back into the same trail. I was never was able to find my way back to the staging area and just rode on the actual rode back to the staging area after a while lol

I went there in my Jeep and played around for about an hour, only found 1 trail that was too difficult and I wouldnt even go down the damn thing in my Jeep (sissy, lol

That hill is freaky! Has anything been up or down that hill in the last 10 years? I'm such a sissy I wouldn't even walk down it, wouldn't think of doing it in a vehicle.

I been there once. I never once saw a ranger though. Alot of the trails were rutted which I didnt like but it was a nice change of scenery for me and I enjoyed my day there. I never even got to do every trail cause although I'm embarrassed of it, I got lost and get running back into the same trail. I was never was able to find my way back to the staging area and just rode on the actual rode back to the staging area after a while lol

Now that is funny!:smirk:

That hill is freaky! Has anything been up or down that hill in the last 10 years? I'm such a sissy I wouldn't even walk down it, wouldn't think of doing it in a vehicle.

About 7 years ago I almost took my 4x4 quad down it, then I tipped sideways, craped my pants and turned around. Is that trail even doable? Maybe on a trials bike. :bonk:

Now that is funny!:busted:

About 7 years ago I almost took my 4x4 quad down it, then I tipped sideways, craped my pants and turned around. Is that trail even doable? Maybe on a trials bike. :bonk:

I went down it last year, not with any kind of style though.....:smirk:

Also, closes for 72 hours if damp.:banana:

I went down it last year, not with any kind of style though.....:bonk:

Also, closes for 72 hours if damp.:smirk:

I think that is a typo, you meant 720 hours right:lol:

I think that is a typo, you meant 720 hours right:lol:

no 7 months 20 day that ranger is a ___ ____ fill in the blanks

Are the blanks supposed to contain the words Nice fellow? :bonk:

Sean I will call you later today about that Friday ride, sounds like a good time!

Now that is funny!:bonk:

I went down it last year, not with any kind of style though.....:busted:

Also, closes for 72 hours if damp.:awww:

So when is the next scheduled Official Wildomar hillclimbing contest...:smirk:. :banana:

Thank you all for the imputs I will probably never go to that trail, don't ever want to see ranger Dan, won't ever buy a wilderness pass and yeah if its a short ride F that its to the desert I go.

Hey Jason Im ready to go this weekend so I hope you finish your bike, ill probably show up saturday mourning since i have duty Friday and stay late Sunday since it isn't a major holiday like thanksgiving was..Ill give you a call and see where your at Wednesday and now I'm really going to work on catching you dude your going to be flying with that big bore kit.

TTYL

Thanks again everybody for heads up on Wildomar.

I may not go out this weekend, but not sure yet, still dont have all the parts for my 08 yet....and I dont want to blow up my 250, lol.

Well if you were not roosting him and giving him the finger he would be nicer:lol:

Who roosting who, wait what?

We woke up late Friday and were bored so we drove the 45 miles to the local place.

P1000425.jpg

We were immediately welcomed by forest service and law enforcement. Probed and hassled :smirk:

Saw that hill through the trees

P1000426.jpg

Gave it 4 tries, but didn't get all the way up, just new scratches on the fork tubes, arrgghh.

New signs since I was up here last, green steeker dollars at work

P1000440.jpg

This place is small and gets boring quick. Could be a fun place to camp and do night rides except for the no martini rule......

P1000442.jpg