Sign in to follow this  

110 mods ?

ok guys i have a ttr110 that my daughter has quit riding and is on a 65 now so im chasing her around the small track i have built at the house and was wondering what the best mods were to do to it for an adult rider, now that its mine :bonk:

Well since your an adult,you will want to open up the cockpit more.I would do taller bars,stiffer fork springs so it can handle your weight.A tall seat will give you more height,maybe some wide footpegs etc.

You could do what I spent 30 hours in the last 4 days doing:

DSC_0269-1.jpg

DSC_0267-1.jpg

Now thats what im talking about can I get more detailed info on what u done please. Is it all 65 stud that u fit on or just the swing arm. Front forks ? Rear shock ?

It has 2002 KX65 forks, swing arm, shock, wheels, and hydraulic brakes front and rear.

The front end bolts right on, but requires grinding the steering stops down, and if you want to use the TTR fender, you'll have to fabricate a bracket.

For the rear, the swingarm required widening the front by cutting and moving the pivots out. To mount the shock, we machined a new swing arm mount and relocated the top shock mount back and up.

We also gusseted the frame and next up will be making a new peg mount.

That's awesome. I'm gonna have to find me another 65 to buy where I can do that to mine. Do u have some close up pics of the pivots and the shock mounts. I deff want to do this to my bike. All the help is greatly appreciated bro.

lol yea plan on picking up a kx65 this weekend with bad crank so i think im gonna go all out :bonk: just might have to wait till after xmas to start on it though.

Yea im looking forward to it. Has anybody else done this, i would love to see some more pics of these conversions and get some more ideas.

I've looked around the internet a lot and have not seen another TTR done up like this other than the forks.

You could do what I spent 30 hours in the last 4 days doing:

DSC_0269-1.jpg

DSC_0267-1.jpg

Let me know how that shock set up works out. I never considered going that route, instead I modified the KX (in this case a 60) swing arm to have the upper shock mount like the TTR110 swing arm is.

I wouldn't re-do my swing arm, but if I ever do anything like that in the future, your much easier looking design would be on the table.

I did basically the same thing, except it still looks like the factory swing arm.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9872997&postcount=283

101_1817.JPG

I've since replaced that shock for a stiffer one as it was too soft causing the tire to rub the fender with me on it. I also wiped out and ripped the chain guard off it's mount, but it was only held on with a rivet, so no biggie.

yeah im pretty sure we have a ton more because we tried to do step by step but i suppose he just dint wanna upload them all.

Thanks. I might have to hit you up if I come across something I can't figure out if you don't mind. :bonk:

Thanks. Ok I just picked up a parts bike today so gonna try and start this project after the first of the year. One more question I have is the rear brake pedal setup if u could show me how u set that up would be awesome.