Can I tell production date from my VIN?

That's probably a question for your suzuki dealer....

Do you guys in the U.S have dated compliance plates...??..Perhaps the plated date may have some reference to build date....:bonk:

046.jpg

I'm surprised Craig that you did not point out to our friends in the States, how the compliance plate says it is a real "E":moon:

we do not have that as far as i am aware. All i would have is my 17 digit VIN and maybe a serial number somewhere. I'll have to look around for other numbers. The serial number would probably have something in it that includes the date right?

we do not have that as far as i am aware. All i would have is my 17 digit VIN and maybe a serial number somewhere. I'll have to look around for other numbers. The serial number would probably have something in it that includes the date right?

Again that's probably a Q for a Dealer.....As you can see the 1/10 (Jan 2010) date shown on our plate has no reference or association with the VIN No....

Month Year and location from a VIN, no day.

Though, on a car, with the paperwork that comes with it from the factory you can get the specific build date.. My Mustang was built on my wife’s Birthday (different year of course...and please no horse draw carriage comments.. :bonk: she reads the forums)

This is a cool "little" GOV document to vehicle manufactures who must create a manufactures Certificate of origin, (MSO).. and what goes in to that cert.

www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/maninfo/mcpkg002.pdf