Are valve keepers, valve keepers?

Confusing title I know, but I need to know if all valve keepers are the same. I was instaling the freshly cleaned valves from my cousins crf250x (he decided that he would like to fix it instead of part it out.), and on the very last one (of course) the tool slipped, the spring recoiled, and the valve keepers dissapeared. So now I need to buy new ones. So do I have to be machine specific or can I just buy a few and get this thing back together? Thanks.. :bonk:

and the valve keepers dissapeared
:bonk:?:banana::busted:

Better find em. If you don't, Murphy will guarantee that they'll be somewhere you don't want em to be.

Try poking around down the cam tower and elsewhere with a magnet on an extendable stalk - you may get lucky.

:bonk:?:banana::busted:

Better find em. If you don't, Murphy will guarantee that they'll be somewhere you don't want em to be.

Try poking around down the cam tower and elsewhere with a magnet on an extendable stalk - you may get lucky.

Yep. Sure as hell if you don't find them now you'll "find" them when you start the engine. At least that's how my luck would be...:awww:

should be putting those on before the head is bolted on? so shouldn't have dropped in the engine. Did you look on top of your shoe? he he

that was the very first place I checked haha. I have found all kinds of things in my shoe after I lose them. And I already had the head off and the bike was on the other side of the shop, so if they made it all the way over there... Than Murphy is one sick son of a bitch haha.

Just wondering because you said "cleaned the valves" How were they cleaned?

Only asking because if the hardened coating on the intake valve face gets damaged the valve is junk.

Bead blasting or lapping in the valves etc will kill the valve.