Sign in to follow this  

How do I tell what shock spring I have?

My 07 200xc has a great set up for me, and when I bought it it came with a box full of spares, plastics, pegs, pipes and springs, etc. Including the original rear shock spring, how do I tell what spring "weight" it is. (Where's it engraved/ marked? I cant see anything on it.. other than it is orange... I've had the bike for a while now and it's obvious the stuff is never going to be used by me.. but to sell it I need to ID it...

Thanks!

DED

most springs from KTM come with a black stamp on the coil that tells the rate. Otherwise, some of the spring manufacturers scribe the end of the spring, which then can be covered by powdercoating. Only way then, have a tuner rate it for you.

I bought a used black 8.0 spring for my bike, as advertised. Turns out it is an 8.8, rated by my tuner. I will be replacing it when I have my shock revalved.

Ok I'll probably just trhow it out there for sale, I'm pretty sure it's the factory "stock" spring. I'm really just trying to get the big old box of stuff out of my attic..it's probably not worth spending too much effort on..

THanks! More I ride that bike, the more I love it. the 200's a great trail ripper!