Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota The Shaggerosa is on the Horizon.

Yes friends, it's that time of year again. Da Bride and i went out for a little CC ski out of the lake a judged it to be ready for the plow. Ice racing is soon upon us. Mount 'em if you got 'em.

POOP! Both the hand and the weather. The snow that was on a lake is water now. I'll have to wait until it gets cold again and toss the tires out.

That blows. I broke my hand last ice racing season too. I put my new 295 bb mid/high 110 with the ported piston on the other week. I close on my house the 23 so ill have to wait till later this winter to get new ama tires. My canadians are still on rim from last winter and have a good winter left out of them. I found some old white trials fenders off ebay so ill have my new fenders ready to rock too. I still have to clean and regrease all the bearings before winter though. With my e-line I can run electric hand warmers and not have to mess with my coolant through the bar setup. I can probly not run brush guards either. Ill probly put my old setup on my dads bike.

You ever get a 295 shager? You can try my 295 broad jug if you want. I might even sell it if I like the mid/high. All you would have to do is buy a new base gasket. The piston thats in it now olney has 15 hours. Its got a good life left. My dad wont let me put a 295 on his 250.

I love riding in winter. Steve got my new 50" sweeper going he said. I think he said it even mounts on the front of his atv. He said he figured out what was wrong with his atv so hopefully he gets it going finaly.

Should be a fun winter if we ever get good ice.

I'd certainly like to give a 295 a try. I don't know if I'd go broad or low end. I'm a chronic short shifter in the woods so a low end might be the thing. But I've ridden a couple of heavily tuned for low end 250s and found them a bit bursty. So broad might be what I'm really after.

I suppose a mid/high would be the thing for ice racing. Particularly when the 450 guys show up.

What's the sales pitch on the ported piston?

I'd like to know when the Harris guy is going to market his new cylinder.

With the industry pretty much turning it's back on me, again (I used to be pretty fired up about street bikes), It's saving my a lot of money to play around with mods. Seems that no matter how old my bikes are, they are still new, more or less. I averaged one new bike a year in through the nineties and early 2000s. But I haven't bought a new bike since 2007. I am interested, however, to try out a new KTM 250SX. If I make a switch to KTM, again, there are going to be some pretty happy Yamaha riders. I have a lot of extra wheels and stuff.

My ice tires are older than many of the kids that have ridden my track. But last year I went nuts and bought up a few sets with 18 rears. Who knows if they are any good. You just never know until you roost them a bit.

Im saving my money for the ossa in my future. The ported piston gives the 295 back the on the pipe feel. Eric gives you a non ported piston unless you ask for the ported one. The 295 broad I have is has a 110 head and the new head he cut I think is 110 also but ill have to check. Im shure you dont want the expence of 110. I have another spare head I could have him do up quick. We will work something out. Ill compare the 2 295 heads to see what octane there cut for. This weekend ill do some work out im my shop and ill check that stuff. If I dont have a 92 head ill ship my spare one out to get done quick. I wanted a 92 head for summer anyways the 110 is kinda a handfull in the woods. You can use the jug till you get 80 hours on the piston then scrap it. So 65 hours of free use then if you like it we will talk about posibly selling it or you having him build one. Im not going to make you buy a piston just buy yourself a base gasket and ill supply the rest. Ill try to call you this weekend as I work 60 hours this week.

I just broke my hand last week....this sux!:bonk:

In a bar fight.... I hope it was worth kicking @ss!

Now I have somebody to plow for me thanks. Thats if we ever get any ice worth riding on this winter.

Im saving my money for the ossa in my future. The ported piston gives the 295 back the on the pipe feel. Eric gives you a non ported piston unless you ask for the ported one. The 295 broad I have is has a 110 head and the new head he cut I think is 110 also but ill have to check. Im shure you dont want the expence of 110. I have another spare head I could have him do up quick. We will work something out. Ill compare the 2 295 heads to see what octane there cut for. This weekend ill do some work out im my shop and ill check that stuff. If I dont have a 92 head ill ship my spare one out to get done quick. I wanted a 92 head for summer anyways the 110 is kinda a handfull in the woods. You can use the jug till you get 80 hours on the piston then scrap it. So 65 hours of free use then if you like it we will talk about posibly selling it or you having him build one. Im not going to make you buy a piston just buy yourself a base gasket and ill supply the rest. Ill try to call you this weekend as I work 60 hours this week.

Race gas is little bothersome. But I think the Harley shop in town, five miles away, still sells the stuff. The cost isn't really that bad as long as I don't get a ton of guys wanting to factory ride my bike. But I'll set up the other bike for those guys.

If it uses a standard base gasket, I have that. I always keep a couple of piston kits around for when I feel like installing them.

Edited by shagger

now i have somebody to plow for me thanks. Thats if we ever get any ice worth riding on this winter.

lol....

The lake's frozen back up, dark and shining. Tire dodging is gonna happen.

Standard base gasket used. Mic Stop on I35 by lakeville sells 110 year round out of a pump too. Im going to get that head built for 92 anyways probly.

My XR100 is not in good shape at all... still, maybe a hardware store bolt will hold that motor in just for a good thrashing...?

Scoops and I are eager to ride with you guys again... both S14 and Shagger!

That was fun. Too bad about Da Wife's flat front. But she really enjoyed skating around the lake. Divot's happy too. Maybe I should get an XR or something just for kicks.

That was fun. Too bad about Da Wife's flat front. But she really enjoyed skating around the lake. Divot's happy too. Maybe I should get an XR or something just for kicks.

The ice is beautiful. I am sore!

For those wondering exactly what was fun, this is a taste of what went on today:

I'm glad I always ride fully armored! :bonk:

That's awesome. My last crash may have made for a nice vid. High speed, spinning, other rider waving as I sun around.:bonk: I should get a camera.

Poor little 69 soaked up more than it's share of crashes today. Mostly from me (twice).

That bike's a trooper for sure. Thanks for coming out. I hope I didn't screw anything up.

Da Wife wanted to take a few photos (Shag at 50) but you guys bailed, and I parked the 250, before she got back. You'll probably be back.

No worries, the old girl is fi... well, as fine as she ever is!

thanks for letting us come out, I got tired fast today. We'll definitely be back! We both had a lot of fun.

The good doctor sent me a hefty stack of personalized cones. We tested them out immediately. They rock verily. The lake is still and excellent skating rink. I do a lap or so about every day.

Im calling the pipe repair guy to see what the He!! hapened to my radiator. I told him I ride more in winter then summer. I havnt heard from him yet hes had it well over a week. If I dont get my radiator back for my 300 I might come up there and just drop that top end off. I cant ride anyways with one radiator. Im starting to think I should have welded it myself.

I have a bike that is not in use. I can loan you a radiator off of it if you are unable to light a fire under the guy.

I have friday off ill try to get my bike going again then and see if I can come up and ride at your place Saterday