Sign in to follow this  

Broke my cylinder --- help needed

I put my piston in backwards and this is the result. Theres a pretty bad gauge in the cylinder.

Heres some pics.

What are my options now? Could I just pay 40 dollars and get it BIG BORED? I'm going to have to buy a new piston anyway and that would be cheaper then getting it re plated.

imag0020sc.jpg

imag0021zt.jpg

imag0022dx.jpg

Whoa! your going to have to get it re-plated. You can't just bore it out, you have to re-plate it too... I would contact Eric Gorr.

Whoa! your going to have to get it re-plated. You can't just bore it out, you have to re-plate it too... I would contact Eric Gorr.

Okay. How do i contact him?

Dude how did you manage to do that with the arrow pointing towards the exhaust.

im not sure????? it is confuse me it was my first top end i thought i did it right.

Look at the pics again, the arrow is facing towards the intake. It's backwards.

If you don't want to go to a big-bore, just send the cylinder to Millenium Technologies or Powerseal USA for re-plating. It will come back better than new.

Or you can send it to Eric Gorr (Forward Motion)and choose among many options, different porting packages or a big-bore, and change the power curve into anything you want.

Look at the pics again, the arrow is facing towards the intake. It's backwards.

If you don't want to go to a big-bore, just send the cylinder to Millenium Technologies or Powerseal USA for re-plating. It will come back better than new.

Or you can send it to Eric Gorr (Forward Motion)and choose among many options, different porting packages or a big-bore, and change the power curve into anything you want.

Yes I'm aware. My statement was made assuming he knew to put the arrow towards the exhaust but messed up anyway.

I worded my last comment quite goofy, my bad.

Well listen ,It's not the way to learn ,but I'm sure that mistake will not be made again. I feel for you. If you can afford to get it fixed then it will be a lesson learned. I personally have done MUCH WORSE.

I think I will order from http://www.langcourt.com/page8.html .

Which package should I get? Can i get the cheapest one??? :bonk:

The $170 option... Just get it replated and be done with it. Tell them you need a piston from them too so they can match it for you.

Or as Chokey stated. Now would be the time to send it to Eric Gorr and have it ported or bored if you plan on doing it in the future. It will save you a little money this way. Give him a call and see what your options are. He will point you in the right direction. A+ guy to work with. If you go with him, do the same and order your piston from him so he can match it for you.

I think I will order from http://www.langcourt.com/page8.html .

Which package should I get? Can i get the cheapest one??? :bonk:

plating is not something you want to cheap out on, i would get it done by a reputable plating company, you'll thank yourself in the end

Or as Chokey stated. Now would be the time to send it to Eric Gorr and have it ported or bored if you plan on doing it in the future. It will save you a little money this way. Give him a call and see what your options are. He will point you in the right direction. A+ guy to work with. If you go with him, do the same and order your piston from him so he can match it for you.

+2 on this

I'm thinking about doing the 295 thang. I have a fresh replated cylinder out in my spares box. It's plated for an A piston. I got a bad extra cylinder with a bike that I bought. Then I ice raced the darn thing with summer jets and needed a plate job anyway. So I sent them both.

If it's money you want to save, provided you bike uses an '07 cylinder, you could send Gorr yours to see if it'll work for a 295 core. If it's good. I could ship you my cylinder. You pay all the shipping and we're good.

There's no good reason to mess with a perfectly good cylinder.