Sign in to follow this  

YZ 125 Hardware

Hi there everybody. Well my YZ has been running pretty rough lately. I'm pretty sure the power valves are gummed up, and i've wanted to open up the top end for a while to check everything.

I've got everything apart now and I've noticed how rusty all of the bolts, nuts, and screws are. Either that or they're Since i plan on cleaning this bike up a lot, I'd really like to replace all this hardware. Does anyone know of a complete set of nuts, bolts, etc, for a 1999 YZ125?

Before you do that, you could let the nuts,bolts, ect soak over night in some pb blaster to see how that turns out. It might freshen them up a bit. You could also probably for the simple nuts and bolts just head to your local hardware store and match them up. Just don't get any cheapo ones.

They dont sell a specific bolt kit that I know of. But you can get metric bolt kits from eBay that will contain most bolts

Actually just realized that one of the links I posted was for a vintage bike... stay away from those as alot of the bolts are rounded, phillips heads... you dont want those. Get any current Yz bolt kit for your year on..

I already have one of those bolt assortments that I got when I bought the bike, but it doesn't have much.

I guess I'll have to go to my local Ace within the next few days because half of the bolts that had to be removed are now stripped beyond repair. Thank you to everyone who replied though.