Sign in to follow this  

Shock Help

So I went to replace my spring today and may have messed up. When we got the shock off the bike we could not figure out how to get the spring off. So we loosened the shaft out of he shock making some liquid squirt out. I did not know there was a video for this installation which would have solved this but what is done is done. I was wondering what fluid to fill it with and how to go about it. All help is appreciated thanks.

So I went to replace my spring today and may have messed up. When we got the shock off the bike we could not figure out how to get the spring off. So we loosened the shaft out of he shock making some liquid squirt out. I did not know there was a video for this installation which would have solved this but what is done is done. I was wondering what fluid to fill it with and how to go about it. All help is appreciated thanks.

You mean shock oil:bonk:??

I thought you just take off both of the preload washers and the spring slides right off the shock. What did you do to try to get it off??

umm... thats bad....

Spring comes off when you tap the bottom spring seat up and expose the snap ring. With the snap ring off the sping and seat will slide right off the bottom.

As for the shock you may have to send it to a suspention shop to fix it now.

If you reinstall the parts you took off you may be ok but its hard to say for sure. The shock is not suppose to come apart that way. Make sure the rebound adjustment is still in the shaft (long hollow tube about 6" long" It may have shot out with the fluid.

Refilling the shock is done from the bladder end of the shock. No specified amount due to the messy bleeding process after filling. Shock must not have any air in the fluid to work correctly. After filling and bleeding it needs to be pressurized with nitrogen. Approx 150 to 175psi depending on preference.

If you havent done it before or lack the tools may be best to send it to a shop to fix.

Bleeding thease things correectly is a pain.

You need that shock to send to a suspension shop for work. Dont mess with it if you dont have the knowledge and tools to work on it!!!!

Edited by dirtracker
grammar

yea i took it to a local shop thats very good call Full Travel Innovations and they are revalving it for 100 bucks