Sign in to follow this  

Knee Pain

Today at the track I went over the bars in 4th gear and my leg got stuck between the handle bars and the bike as I was going over. I was wearing EVS Vision knee braces but still felt my knee pop and it felt pretty bad the first couple of minutes after the crash (I laid on the ground for a couple of minutes.) However I was able to walk (hobble) around the track afterwards. I have full range of motion however when I go to straighten it my knee is a bit stiff and it hurts a little. However now that it's been almost 8 hours I can't walk well at all (about a 1.5ft limp) and I've been using crutches and my knee is slightly swollen.

I've stretched my acl before and tore the growth plate off of my tibia two years ago and have a screw in my tibia and I believe some "slack taken out" of my acl.

I'm going to the doctor to get an MRI as soon as I can but I'm really bummed as I don't know the extent of what has happened (given that I was able to walk now I can't.) I was training really hard and improving every weekend so I'm really worried about my knee. I'm just wondering if you guys know of what all possibilities it could be and how much down time you guys think I will have.

Sorry if this is a 'pointless' thread. But I can't stop worrying about how bad my knee is because I was on such a good roll with my riding.

Thanks.

I am no doctor, but of you can't walk on it after 8 hours, I would go get an MRI to find out what is really wrong. I would do the same thing, one thing our team manager always told me was if you went to a doctor to see what was wrong you knew if you needed to take a break and let of heal or suck it up of it wasn't injured.

Sorry to hear about your crash!

Keep us posted on your findings.

Talk to you soon,

Jason