Sign in to follow this  

California Riding Christmas Eve?

So I'm going to Christmas at my girlfriends parents house which in near Auburn, CA. I've ridden Georgetown and Forest Hill on other trips up there. Would like to ride something near Auburn. I've seen guys riding down the railroad tracks straight from there houses and would really like to check that out. I'm going to be able to ride Saturday, Christmas Eve. If it's not pouring rain anyone want to show me some local spots. I ride a 2011 CRF 450R set up for trail riding with IMS tank, 18" wheel, ect.

I wouldn't recommend riding the RR tracks, for it is actually illegal.

A legal place you can go check out is Burlington Ridge (aka Chalk Bluff) off of Highway 20. You're sure to get a good workout riding this place.

Well, if you were going out to MB anyway, 20 mins further is Foresthill... I'd like to ride Christmas Eve, since the skiing sucks right now, but it's not looking likely that my bike will be back together by then. Waiting on parts.

I just googled Chalk Bluff,(

) and that place looks like some good single track. Kinda reminds me of Kennedy Meadows. I'm not sure about riding it for my first time on Christmas Eve and possibly solo. Might not be the smartest idea.

I'm still down to ride Forest Hill for the morning. I just need to figure it out for sure. I'm driving from LA Friday and am debating leaving the bike and van at home and driving something a little more practical. If I do leave my bike, I know I'll be bummed all weekend knowing I'm not taking advantage of the Northern Cali riding. Damn Holidays, I just want to ride.