Sign in to follow this  

New fender and headlight installed....

I installed a new Baja Designs headlight and a RMZ styled front fender. I really like the headlight but I just cant seem to get used to the front fender..I think I should have went with a OEM Blue DRZ fender instead. :bonk:

Opinions?

BDheadlight002.jpg

It looks like it could be a winner with your dirt 21'' wheel if you like to ride in rain or mud a lot. Lots of coverage. Could you please post a side pic for more clarity. How is the color match? ...Looks great on the pic.

Fender looks wider then other RMZ ones I've seen.. Angle? Lens? Pants your wearing?

I will get a better pic tomorrow, that is a bad angle. Maybe my pants were saggin too :bonk:

Ok..I am not really sure about how you need to get used to a fender?..Restricted vision on slow trails perhaps.?

Looks is all. Its kinda got the flare to it which doesnt seem to appeal to me.

It looks like it could be a winner with your dirt 21'' wheel if you like to ride in rain or mud a lot. Lots of coverage. Could you please post a side pic for more clarity. How is the color match? ...Looks great on the pic.

DRZprogress3012.jpg

Looks pretty good:thumbsup:

I have thought of changing mine but as I can't see it while I'm riding, I'm not too fussed, it would only get scratched anyway:smirk:

Looks great! I have the same front fender. The stock DRZ fender makes it look dated. Good call!

I think you will find the new fender outperforms the old one in the dirt as it doesn't flex and bounce around like the OEM ones do. I like mine very much and would not change it for the world.

Can't see much from that angle. Get it dirty and forget about it.

fixed it for you ;-)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I still think I like the Stocker better. I may snag a White shroud for my Baja Designs headlight and a White OEM style DRZ UFO fender, with a Blue seat cover. I like the dated looking fenders I guess.

Not to down or trash your bike, but if you want honest opinions, I don't like it personally...

I really like the look of the fender from the side. Looks more aggressive than the stocker.

Good on ya deciding to go with what YOU like rather than what other people like! :smirk:

Not to down or trash your bike, but if you want honest opinions, I don't like it personally...

No problem, I appreciate honesty. Thanks for the confidence booster Mr C....

I really wish I hadnt sold my stock Blue fender before I got the new stuff, but I had so many parts to buy I needed to recover $$ for other items.

I spent a bunch of time fitting that RM style fork guard as well and am not gonna use that either now since I am going with a set of USD forks. I also am not gonna be using my Race Tech .52kg sprung forks with fresh Bel Ray 5wt oil either.

Had I known I was gonna go USD conversion I could have saved myself the dough and the hassle of building the forks and modifying that fork guard. I spent an entire evening just cutting and fitting the fork guard and another evening building the fork legs. :smirk:

Someone asked if the fender bolted on. The answer is yes and its predrilled also. UFO plastics are top quality for sure.