Sign in to follow this  

Pretty stoaked

So I finally finished the long list of repairs on my 2002 KTM 125sx.

lets recap on the work

1. Shift shaft seal
  2. kick start idler gear
  3. top end rebuild
  4. tires and more

The list goes on and on but it finally payed off in a great weekend at a local track in NC called ...NCMP. The track was beat to hell and real rutted out but the practice track they have was a real blast.

I gotta admit I almost felt like I'd never get it finished and finally did. There is still work yet to be done though...

1. broke my shifter at the track
  2. new plastics set
  3. Need a new silencer
  4. brakes need to be "tweaked"
  5. clutch is finally giving out (I think)
  6. suspension set up is "rough"
  7. and my seat is comparable to a rock...

I'm so pumped to be able to ride. Just wanted to rant on about loving my KTM two smoke. I'll leave it at a picture

GOPR0429.jpg

Thanks go out to those who helped with advice and what not:ride:

Glad you got the bike repaired and you had a good time. I had a 2004 125sx and loved the bike, I have an 08 125sx now.

What exactly is the clutch doing?

All KTM seats are pretty stiff, unless you buy the tall "soft" one.

ride on!

Glad you got the bike repaired and you had a good time. I had a 2004 125sx and loved the bike, I have an 08 125sx now.

What exactly is the clutch doing?

All KTM seats are pretty stiff, unless you buy the tall "soft" one.

ride on!

Just seems like the friction point for the clutch is really far out on the leaver. I think the only other thing that bugged me at the track was an odd noise I noticed that sounded not quite like a clicking but something to that extent ONLY when i pulled in my clutch while riding. IDK bike feels fine so doesn't seem to be an extreme mechanical issue but the clutch pull feels weak and the friction point is really far out on the leaver like i said..so new one needs to be put in I could only assume..

Also the seat issue..The thing honestly kills me 5 hours at the track (not 5 hours riding but five hours there) and I feel like someone kicked me in the butt about 400 times. I'm going to look into some softer foam for this bad boy..

As far as the clutch, make sure it has been bled properly (Generally, this is best done by using a syringe tool, back bleeding from the bottom to top) Once this is done, if the clutch still sucks, buy the $40ish clutch kit with heavy duty springs from www.rockymountainatvmc.com

I’ve put the same kit in 2 different bikes ,03 450SX & 01 200EXC.I’m very,very, hard on the cluth and it hasn’t failed or caused any problems,this is riding &racing. By the way, most parts for the 200 and 125 are interchangeable.

Now concerning the seat,I recommend purchasing the tall version of the soft seats,the reason being,the soft foam compresses and can sill end up hartin' ya bum,the tall version compresses some but not enough to cause pain.

You probably know all of the above but I just thought, just in case…

The 00-Up Ktm 2-strokes are just plain great bikes. I spent less money purchasing and maintaining two KTM 2 strokes as opposed to my 03 4Stroke.. Hope this helps and congrats!:smirk::bonk: