Sign in to follow this  

Who's up for a ride?? Queensland, Australia.

Looking for a riding companion or 2 for an overnight ride to Miriam Vale QLD, Australia, staying at the Miriam Vale Hotel, $50 a room with a share bathroom and toilet.

I was going to stay at Historic Many Peaks but the pub is shut for four days and just happens to be one of the days that I was planning.

The date is the 27th and 28th of this month, a week day.

I will be leaving from Hervey Bay so I can hook up with somebody at Marybrough as we will be going through the Wongi Forest before heading North.

Still working on the route, should be around 250-300K's for the day and either return the same way or an alternate route vie Gin Gin.

Just got spend a little more time with the GPS routing.

I don't plan on it being a strenuous ride as in technical just a long day in the saddle, you will still need to be a competent rider as we will be in unknown conditions and that can lead us anywhere.

PM me if your interested.

Damn Lionel, Your killing me mate...

Sounds like a good route....check out the coffee shop in Mirriam vale, I have been told the coffee there is the best..

I would absolutely luv to be a starter..BUT..:bonk:..There is no way I will be up to match fitness...I will have to take a raincheck for next time..

PS..Take lots of pics or vid some of it.....

Damn Lionel, Your killing me mate...

Sounds like a good route....check out the coffee shop in Mirriam vale, I have been told the coffee there is the best..

I would absolutely luv to be a starter..BUT..:bonk:..There is no way I will be up to match fitness...I will have to take a raincheck for next time..

PS..Take lots of pics or vid some of it.....

Sorry Mate, Going to try and do an overnight ride once a month next year. so there will be plenty more opportunities:thumbsup:

Get well quick Mate.

"I was going to stay at Historic Many Peaks but the pub is shut for four days and just happens to be one of the days that I was planning."

What in hell is wrong with you man?......planning a trip with a pub-less route:lame::bonk:

Man I would love to ship my bike & me over there for a couple of months of riding...it's on the bucket list:thumbsup:

Man I would love to ship my bike & me over there for a couple of months of riding...it's on the bucket list:thumbsup:

Leave yours home and borrow Craig's, it's not like he's using it. :bonk:

Leave yours home and borrow Craig's, it's not like he's using it. :bonk:

...now there's a thought:ride:

Id love to buddy but ill be in NSW hitting up some mountains and such :bonk: i currently work weekends only so if planning another trip in the near future on weekdays please let me know....

Id love to buddy but ill be in NSW hitting up some mountains and such :bonk: i currently work weekends only so if planning another trip in the near future on weekdays please let me know....

Where do you live?

Damn, i'll be up that way too, but won't have a bike and don't fly into Brisvegas until the 28th. Driving up to Bundy on the 29th for my bro's birthday, so way too late even if I could scrounge a bike.

If you like old mines and shit, it's worth a detour through Mt Perry west of Gin Gin. Actually I used to work in Gin Gin many years ago, also spent a fair bit of time in Miriam Vale shooting and generally cocking about on a property that bordered the town. We used to stay in a mate's uncle's old abandoned house, and every time without fail the cops would turn up to see why there were dim lights coming from the house. Apparently turned into a local haunted house story as these things do.

Anyway, enjoy your ride mate :bonk:

Cheers,

JD

i live in brizzy but my parents have land inbetween port macquarie and coffs harbour, i have a few mates im heading up mt yarrahappinni with and some fire trains at the back of eungai if you have any idea where that is lol

Id love to buddy but ill be in NSW hitting up some mountains and such :smirk: i currently work weekends only so if planning another trip in the near future on weekdays please let me know....
i live in brizzy but my parents have land inbetween port macquarie and coffs harbour, i have a few mates im heading up mt yarrahappinni with and some fire trains at the back of eungai if you have any idea where that is lol

I do actually, my father inlaw lives at eunagal rail. :bonk:

Hey Lionel , How are things shaping up for your ride...I see in another post you have a new helmet ?

Well as there was no takers, I have post phoned it.

Not that I mind riding by myself, just that it's a little remote and in unknown territory for me.

Safety in numbers as they say.

I have fitted up a new pair of tyres, got my camera mounted and the route mapped out on the GPS,

Not forgetting I have a new helmet:smirk: so I'm ready to roll.

I will put it out there again in a couple of weeks and see if there are any takers, next time will have to be on a weekend.

Good part is the Many Peaks Hotel will be open.

When this rain eases off, I plan on a bit of a day ride along part of the route and get a bit of an idea on what to look forward too:thumbsup:

How are you pulling up now, reckon you will be up for a ride in a couple of weeks?

It's probably good fortune that the numbers weren't there...The "Rains are hear" , so the riding conditions would have sucked..

I don't think I am going to be good to go for at least a month or 2.....I am having repair issues with the ribs:bonk:...

It's been a little over 3 weeks since the crash ,things are healing very slowly... I am not road worthy,so the bush worthy outlook is grim.. still got lots of pain happening..

I think I am turning into a junkie,:banana::smirk: so if some of my posts seem a bit "out there" ,I have a good reason...:bonk:

Take it easy on that one day ride and remember the mobile, but knowing that area somewhat , the coverage will be poor....

Later...

Although I have post phoned my overnight ride to Many Peaks.

I'm up for a ride tomorrow if anybody is interested.

Will leave from Marybrough QLD and head west out through the Wongi State Forest.

Come self sufficient as I don't plan on going near civilization, with enough fuel to do 300K's off road.

PM me by the morning with a phone number and I will call to confirm.

Leave Marybrough at 8.30 am:thumbsup:

Well I had a pretty good ride today, 260 K's all up, with 200 of that off road.

The bike preformed flawlessly as usual.

Some of you might remember that I was swapping around fork springs and changing fork oil.

Well I have come to the conclusion that .48 is a touch soft with a full tank of fuel,(20+ litres) this was most noticeable on the first transport section on my way from Hervey Bay to the Wongi forest.

Once the fuel load started to drop, .48 worked fine but I do notice the weight as before with .52 the bike was more neutral.

But saying that, the fuel load reduces not increases, so in the future I won't be filling up to the max unless we are heading off somewhere remote.

For the record the handling has improve overall with the different spring rate and the drop in oil WT from 7.5 to 5.

Take note, before I left, I fitted a new 403 Bridgestone F and a 604 R and I set my rear sag to 90mm as before it was closer to 100mm, I stopped a few times along the way make minor adjustments to compression and rebound front and back, looking for that sweet spot.

Overall the bike tracks much straighter than before and less inclined to deflect of rocks and square edge holes, the harder I push the better it feels but that not always wise when your riding in unknown country.

I'm desperately waiting for my new handlebars to turn up the current bars are fine for sitting but are a touch low for standing, which is my preferred position.

I'm getting the Pastrama FMX countour bar which is the best part of an inch higher than the current Reed/Henry bend.

Overall I had a pretty good day, weather was a little cooler up in the hills, rode some good single track with some snotty hills, plenty of wildlife and I didn't fall off:thumbsup:

Sorry about the long post, just having a couple of ales and replaying the days events and thought I would share my thoughts.:bonk: