Sign in to follow this  

Kenda Parker DT mounting direction

Just purchased and mounted these front and rear. Will be trying them in the Socal desert over the next couple of months. My questions is this: Are these tires directional? After mounting I noticed that there is what appears to be a hard/intermediate label on the sidewall with what looks to be arrows. Almost seems to indicate that if they are mounted one way they are for hard terrain and the other for intermediate. The tire tread pattern also looks to be directional. I could not find any information on this on the Kenda website and the info that came with the tires did not say anything about it either. Anyone have any insight here?

Edited by mgpoma

Now that it is monday I emailed Kenda customer service and found out that the Parker DT is a directional tire. Mounted one way it is best suited for hard pack, the other way for intermediate terrian. Checked the bike today and I mounted the back for intermediate and the front for hard. I am ok with that at this point, if anything I would rotate the front for intermediate to match the back. If it were the back I am not sure that I would be jumping to remount. 6ply tire, very hard to work with.