Sign in to follow this  

2010 yz 450f problem

Hi guys, I have got a problem with my 2010 yz 450f. I put 1l oil in when I change the oil, and I drag about 1,5liter the next oil change.The used oil smells like gasoline.I think that somehow oil and gas are mixing.Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I have got a problem with my 2010 yz 450f. I put 1l oil in when I change the oil, and I drag about 1,5liter the next oil change.The used oil smells like gasoline.I think that somehow oil and gas are mixing.Thanks in advance.

Your injector is leaking gas into the motor.

thats a bit much to say its cold related rich condition. You would have to peak into throttle body to see if there is a drip coming from injector while its under pressue but there isn't much else it can be.

I have found that in cold weather with short rides, 20 minutes or less, that the coolant never gets warm enough. Since the coolant temp sensor reads cold the fi runs rich and then the motor never gets hot enough to get the fuel to evaporate out of the oil. There are two things you could try, install a thermostat which will keep the coolant temp up or block/tape off half of one of your radiators for the same effect although that will not self regulate like the thermostat. I go from 6-8hrs on an oil change in the summer to 2hr oil changes in the winter as this is a problem for me as I only get 10 minutes out of an hour on the track as it is extremely busy. I'm going to try taping up half of one of the radiators to see how it does this winter.

how can I stop that drip?

if in fact it is the injector leaking you would have to replace it