Mike Larrocco's 05 practice bike forsale ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supercross-History-Mike-LaRoccos-2005-Honda-CR-250-R-1of-3-he-used-Pratice-bike-/110793146374?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item19cbc94006#v4-42

...looks like just a graphix kit to me but i am scepticle by nature

the main reason is .... any joe shmooo can play with the clickers enough to bottom out and rub tire ( god knows i have)

wouldn't there be a way to trace this thing , there is not one factory type part on it ( i know most would be stripped anyway ) but still ?

some one who know chim in :bonk:

I would be skeptical too. Personally, I would call BS on it. Reasons would be: No FC revalved suspension (or stickers for that matter), he didnt use pro-taper bars back then, plain OEM front number plate, boyesen Reeds (I am pretty sure that Larocco was using the VForce reeds back then, etc. I'm sure there is more that will catch other people's eyes on here...

Guys I am 20min from there! I'm gonna go verify this for us!! I'm close with the local pros here as well as the local Honda dealer and various MX gear rep's. The service manager's son just got one of the Geico Honda bikes this season.

I will be sure to post back with more info for you all.

Guys I am 20min from there! I'm gonna go verify this for us!! I'm close with the local pros here as well as the local Honda dealer and various MX gear rep's. The service manager's son just got one of the Geico Honda bikes this season.

I will be sure to post back with more info for you all.[/QUOT

Thanks please do

I saw the bike on ebay when I was arriving to my call at work, and I would have to say is that I wouldn't be at the least surprised to see that it is a reproduction. All the current owner would have to do to fool people is to order a sobe graphics kit with larrocco's name on it and advertise it as his "practice bike". I'm not buying that he rode it....

Where's my BullSh!t flag when i need it. i have seen/worked on a lot of pro practice and race bikes. esp. HRC works bikes,both 2 and 4 stroke and although they might start as stock bikes, there is a big box that accompanies all contracted honda riders, chock full of all the same parts that they are going to be racing with. there isnt one part on that bike that cant be found on any aftermarket website. not one HGA Ti bolt, shifter or brake pedal. or any safety wire on the brake line( which is standard on any HRC bike). HRC never used ASV lever, they have thier own in house billet parts. same goes with the clamps. if he ran 47mm forks which larocco didnt, he ran 49mm tubes, he would have got HGA clamps machined for the tubes he was running.

the wheels arent from a race bike either. HGA runs a billet alum front hub, and magnesium rear laced to D.I.D. rims with dual beads allowing them to run ultra low pressure. if he is going to race with 6PSI, i would hope he was practicing with 6PSI as well. i also dont see any of the Ti one piece body bolts. i hope the owner isnt a TT member, because he/or she deserves a lot of ridicule for trying to pass this off as laroccos bike...BS flag is flying high today people...

• Like 1

Where's my BullSh!t flag when i need it. i have seen/worked on a lot of pro practice and race bikes. esp. HRC works bikes,both 2 and 4 stroke and although they might start as stock bikes, there is a big box that accompanies all contracted honda riders, chock full of all the same parts that they are going to be racing with. there isnt one part on that bike that cant be found on any aftermarket website. not one HGA Ti bolt, shifter or brake pedal. or any safety wire on the brake line( which is standard on any HRC bike). HRC never used ASV lever, they have thier own in house billet parts. same goes with the clamps. if he ran 47mm forks which larocco didnt, he ran 49mm tubes, he would have got HGA clamps machined for the tubes he was running.

the wheels arent from a race bike either. HGA runs a billet alum front hub, and magnesium rear laced to D.I.D. rims with dual beads allowing them to run ultra low pressure. if he is going to race with 6PSI, i would hope he was practicing with 6PSI as well. i also dont see any of the Ti one piece body bolts. i hope the owner isnt a TT member, because he/or she deserves a lot of ridicule for trying to pass this off as laroccos bike...BS flag is flying high today people...

YES!!! :bonk: lets contact the seller or post somthing on ebay

Honda service manager ran the VIN said it doesn't exist in the Honda database. That's just what he said, I don't know if that means it was never a production bike and WAS a race bike..? Not sure what it means. They also said it didn't look like a works bike either, even if most of the trick stuff was stripped.

Does anyone think that he maybe went to a pro nationals and got the number plates off his bike after a race? I mean they will give that stuff away and the end race days. Also like someone else said he probably got the pre prints made up.

Probably just a fan of him and wanted to replicate his bike like some people do. There is no way that's his practice bike at all.

Honda service manager ran the VIN said it doesn't exist in the Honda database. That's just what he said, I don't know if that means it was never a production bike and WAS a race bike..? Not sure what it means. They also said it didn't look like a works bike either, even if most of the trick stuff was stripped.

its possible the person that sold the bike to the shop got it from japan direct. maybe they were military. my VIN doesnt show up in any of hondas databases either, on the US side. and the US VINS dont show up on the japanese side. my frame is a US 03, but the motor is a japanese 01, and as far as the frame goes, it doesnt exist here. i assume it would be the same for europe bikes as well.

practice bikes that are provided to contracted riders generally dont have a VIN. the frames will be bare, and the I.D. plate on the motors arent there at all. it is possible for a rider to keep a bike, but with no VIN, i doubt they would be able to sell it, esp. in the states where they require titles. we dont have any title req. here in japan, so some practice bikes make it to market. it just depends on the company and what they allow. honda generally crushes all practice bikes, and all works race bikes that were not handed over to the rider get stored at the test facility in Tochigi.

im still flying the BS flag high. having dealt with full works race bikes, and the corresponding practice bikes since around '98, i dont think that honda would allow one of it works riders test/practice rigs to be sold like that.