Sign in to follow this  

Billet full triple tree for kx65 $157 bucks new.

Not sure if anyone has ever thought about going aftermarket on their triple tree but i just purchased a CNC unit from France online.

1316251288_triple-clamps-kx65rm65ktm50.jpg

Scar racing sells them with stem, bearings, upper and lower for $157. Risers are extra but you can choose 3 different rises.

Just thought I would through the info out incase it wasn't on here.

I know this sounds like spam but really I'm just excited to find go fast parts for my mini that don't cost a fortune. The 12" wheels cost more than the purchase price of the whole bike!

That's a really reasonable price.

Wheel sets are really expensive. You can save a bunch if you're willing to put some elbow grease into it yourself. I don't know exactly what I spent, but it was much less than the $900 or so that most places will sell you "cheap" wheels for.

Starting at post #416: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738583&page=42

IIRC, 65s use a 28 spoke rim.

That's a really reasonable price.

Wheel sets are really expensive. You can save a bunch if you're willing to put some elbow grease into it yourself. I don't know exactly what I spent, but it was much less than the $900 or so that most places will sell you "cheap" wheels for.

Starting at post #416: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738583&page=42

IIRC, 65s use a 28 spoke rim.

I've already built the wheels. The bike is complete. The triple tree is just an upgrade

Here's my kx

5c84127d.jpg

still waiting on parts, takes about 3 weeks to receive and the holidays are delaying me a little but I wanted to post up and mention new info.

These triple trees are on close out. I looked up a set for a different mini and found out the normal price is 339 euro for a set. So I don't know how many triple trees they have left for the KX65 but it's on clearance.

Alright then. I just got my triples today, the 27th. That's a 15 day turn around from France. Not bad at all considering the distance.

I was very happy to find the product well packed and undamaged. Assembly was very easy and only took me an hour, and that's with a ton of distractions and popping the lower race out of the neck of the frame.

Photos.

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

Old triple tree setup:

IMG_3505.jpg

New and old Apples to Apples. Notice how much further apart the clamp spacing is on the new tree. This makes a lot of sense with the fork brace I have and more evenly spaces out the grabbing points on the forks.

IMG_3507.jpg