Sign in to follow this  

1 spring or 6?

Im debating whether I want to do the full clutch upgarde. Does anyone have any experience with the 1 spring clutch? Any feedback, or pros or cons of going 1 or 6 would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

An MXA test on the hinson single spring or belvells spring clutch was mixed. They said it had a narrow range of engagement.

The six spring is a proven 02-08 style clutch. Same plates, same springs. If you've got the money for that setup, its kind of a no-brainer.

Check this out.

Hinson isnt the only one to do this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-6-Spring-Clutch-kit-CRF450-09-10-CRF-450-450R-/180734969906?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a14a4c832

Thanks, I was lookign at those as well. do you have any experience with the quality of these units? Also, do you use all the same plates, or do those need to be modified as well?

I have the SS Hinson set up on my 09 450 and I love it... Still has a super smooth pull and works great...:bonk::thumbsup:

Thanks, I was lookign at those as well. do you have any experience with the quality of these units? Also, do you use all the same plates, or do those need to be modified as well?

do a search on the board for framebreaker. all that I read was positive.