Sign in to follow this  

another 12' shootout

Normally these shootouts are advertiser driven, but there's no denying the 2012 KX250F is a brilliant bike. My friend has one and it's shockingly good with minor tweaks.

I really dont like Motorcycle USAs shootouts. I always thought it was funny that they have picked Honda as far and away the best bike the past few years when MXA ranks it last. Nothing against Honda but I found that odd. Like said above, the Kawis are pretty awesome bikes. I wouldn't mind having one. Yamaha probably won't win a shootout but as many people know, it's an amazing overall bike once the rider dials it in with a few minor mods. Plus, the reliability alone makes it a great bike for the everyday racer who wants a bike that lasts.

yeah but MXA was the ONLY publication to rank the Honda last..the other mags were all similar...imo you need to average out all the shootouts to get a better feel

True but in general, I just don't like Motorcycle USAs shootout. Cool site and I read on there all the time, however it's just cause I like reading about bikes. The only shootouts that I even read for substance are MXA and Dirt Rider. They seem to be the most complete. M USA, RacerX and Transworld are nice to read but I don't value the results much. At the end of the day, I still will make my own choices but it is interesting to read other impressions.