Sign in to follow this  

400 E passenger pegs?

I'm looking for E peg solutions? I'm looking for temporary pegs actually when I have to pickup my son from sports on occasion to drive a couple miles. Always have to go home and get the truck. Thx...

Weld some brackets on the E sub frame. Change the sub frame to an S frame.

e-bay for S subframe and pegs, probably on the hook for around a hundred bucks and buying used means you could resell to recoup costs after your need is gone

I finally found some for my 2000 DRZ400E... they are universal clamp on style pegs with brackets, actually designed to clamp onto the swing arm, but I managed to mount them as below.. one bolts straight into exhaust mount and the other round subframe.. they are what they are.. you wouldn't wait to stand up on them but would be fine as a foot-rest for short trips

The E I have is road legal, so has the full strengthened subframe with tail light etc, but is missing the footpeg mounts that the S/SM models have.

"WFO Universal XR Passenger Pegs"

just tried to google search the brand but can't find them.. I bought them from my local bike shop

Christchurch-20111213-00181.jpg

Christchurch-20111213-00180.jpg

Christchurch-20111213-00178.jpg

That left hand mount looks a bit SUSS...How is it fixed to the sub frame at the rear??

Maybe you could have utilized that flange on sub frame (just above the peg) ..

And that front bolt is out a long way......

From what I can see , I wouldn't feel good about a pillion resting their left foot on that set up.....

I finally found some for my 2000 DRZ400E... they are universal clamp on style pegs with brackets, actually designed to clamp onto the swing arm, but I managed to mount them as below.. one bolts straight into exhaust mount and the other round subframe.. they are what they are.. you wouldn't wait to stand up on them but would be fine as a foot-rest for short trips

The E I have is road legal, so has the full strengthened subframe with tail light etc, but is missing the footpeg mounts that the S/SM models have.

"WFO Universal XR Passenger Pegs"

just tried to google search the brand but can't find them.. I bought them from my local bike shop

Christchurch-20111213-00181.jpg

Christchurch-20111213-00180.jpg

Christchurch-20111213-00178.jpg

+1 for another bike kept dirty !

do you have any trouble with down shifts with your shifter so high ? (maybe it's camera angle)

That left hand mount looks a bit SUSS...How is it fixed to the sub frame at the rear??

Maybe you could have utilized that flange on sub frame (just above the peg) ..

And that front bolt is out a long way......

From what I can see , I wouldn't feel good about a pillion resting their left foot on that set up.....

Yeah, its not as strong as the S/SM stock pegs but for a short trip it will be fine for what we need. I mounted them there just to see if it would work, going to try mounting on the swingarm like they are intended, just nervous of the long bolts hitting the chain.. Which is why I mounted them back to front like in the photo.

For a temporary setup they should be fine, its summertime here in NZ and planning on a short two-up tour over xmas.. They will be coming off when we get home :bonk:

No point washing my bike, it gets dirty every few days! Definately not a garage queen SM :smirk: