Sign in to follow this  

2011 RMZ 450 Post Your Pic's

Hey guys! going to pick up a new 2011 rmz 450 in a couple weeks and looking for ideas on what to do mine up like. So what kind of graphics rims, anything you reccomend to do with the bike! Any pics and any sites that you ordered stuff from would be a great help!

My advice is just taller bars, I am 6 foot and that made a huge difference. Take out about 10ml of oil from the forks. The bike is seriously perfect! You will love it. I lave everything about my zook

Their beautiful looking bikes stock i'll give them that, Bars will be going on for sure probably protaper, graphics and probably rims. How's the suspension? stiff? soft? i like stiffer better for my riding

The suspension is great, the key is getting the rear and forks in sync with each other. My experience is even if the suspension isn't perfect the bike will still handle amazing it just making it perfect. I did run the stocks clickers for a while, I tried dirt riders suggestion settings...didn't like them. So I took out the 10ml from my forks, that was better. But the other day I was checking my sag and I was way off!! I was at 88mm and 105 is what DR suggested so I have yet to try stock clickers with the minus 10 ml with my sag set right. I'll let you know how the settings work. I'll be at the track soon

Arlight sounds good! really nice looking bikes, good reviews, can't go wrong!

I agree with MotoDave; best bike I've ever owned. I initially had no interest in Suzuki, but as most will attest, just one ride is all it takes. I swear this bike feels like a works-level machine across the board. The engine is amazing, as are the brakes (yes, even better than KTM). The complete package is an understatement. Get it balanced and setup properly and you can't go wrong. Get it imbalanced and you'll be afraid. The difference is like night and day. Not hard to figure out however as there's plenty of data.

As for suspension, reducing the oil level is mandatory to minimize the spike of the forks hitting the midstroke. Even better is going to RG3.

The RMZ is the most undersold bike ever, IMO. If more knew how good this bike truly is, they'd have a much larger following.

Edited by rickk