Sign in to follow this  

KX65.. 07 vs 09?

hey guys Im looking at an 07 KX65 and an 09 KX65 for $500 more. Is there a motor difference from 07 to 09? rider is nine and will be racing mx.

identical, I would go for which ever is in cleaner condition. I have seen a 2002 that looked new because the child out grew it and dad had enough dough to keep upgrading without having to sell the previous bike. Like little gems hiding in his garage I tell ya. lol.

dont go by looks alone. the old saying about dirt bikes "if you want it to sell, put new plastics on it."

look them over and talk to the owner. find out what maintenance they have done. also look for wear items that may need to be replaced (brakes, chain, sprockets, filter, berarings, etc..) these can help in negotiation.

often the lowest price bike may not be the best bike for you. they are probably priced low because the owner does not want to put the money into it for the maintenance.

I should clarify. "cleaner condition" doesn't mean they washed the bike and stuck new plastics on it. I of course mean the better maintained bike.

As in "man I haven't seen an 86 GSXR in that clean of a condition! It looks like a museum piece."