Sign in to follow this  

How to change Sachs oil?

Searching has left me empty handed, so I posted this in the suspension forum and haven't gotten a response. Being that the Sachs is fairly specific to Husqvarna I figure I'd hit you guy's up for help.

I would like to know:

A. How do I add fresh oil and bleed out all the air now that I have my shock completely drained and back together.

B. What does Sachs recommend for nitrogen pressure?

c. The manual calls for 5,7 oil. Is it safe to assume 5w fork oil will work here or do I need something different?

It is an 02 Husqvarna 570TE. Thank you for any help,

Andrew

It would be best to get a service manual. I can tell you that you'll have to take the shock back apart and start from there. If I can figure how to post the pages from the manual i will.

Searching has left me empty handed, so I posted this in the suspension forum and haven't gotten a response. Being that the Sachs is fairly specific to Husqvarna I figure I'd hit you guy's up for help.

I would like to know:

A. How do I add fresh oil and bleed out all the air now that I have my shock completely drained and back together.

B. What does Sachs recommend for nitrogen pressure?

c. The manual calls for 5,7 oil. Is it safe to assume 5w fork oil will work here or do I need something different?

It is an 02 Husqvarna 570TE. Thank you for any help,

Andrew

Not 100% sure

but I would use a good quality 5wt shock oil-not fork oil

nitrogen around 175psi

www.dualsportarmory.com