Sign in to follow this  

what gearing did your 2012 come with?

what gearing did your 2012 come with?

most websites and magazines (uk+us) i have read say the 2012 comes with 13/50 ?

my 2012 came stock with 13/49 ?

just curious . !!

any ideas why mine came with a 13/49 :bonk:

brtsuzuki480 why did you change to a 49?

all reviews i have read said they liked the gearing (13/50)

i havnt had much time on the new bike yet to test the diffrence

any ideas why mine came with a 13/49 :bonk:

brtsuzuki480 why did you change to a 49?

all reviews i have read said they liked the gearing (13/50)

i havnt had much time on the new bike yet to test the diffrence

i changed mine to a 49 because i felt 3rd gear needed to have a little more speed because it revved out top quick. but i think i may be going back because i couldnt get to the top of 4th quick enough when i needed too. lol, its kind of funny but im still trying to figure this bike out even after 25 hours... spent alot of years on 250 2strokes so going to this was difficult. CANT BE LAZY

i changed mine to a 49 because i felt 3rd gear needed to have a little more speed because it revved out top quick. but i think i may be going back because i couldnt get to the top of 4th quick enough when i needed too. lol, its kind of funny but im still trying to figure this bike out even after 25 hours... spent alot of years on 250 2strokes so going to this was difficult. CANT BE LAZY

Not that strange, you went from the big to the small class. Or from MX1 to MX2. I don´t get why so many (maybe not you i don´t know) people would never consider a 125, but wan´t to go from 250 2strokes to a 250 4stroke. It can never match a big bike. It will have to be shifted more. No more of the whole track in one gear.

I ran a 13/49 on my 11 and it sucked ballz..

I ran a 13/49 on my 11 and it sucked ballz..

lol i am assuming that means it was bad ?

i have only rode the 2012 twice, came with 13/49 so i will change to 13/50 to c is that better.?

is it strange that mine came with a 49 ?

P.S i ran 13/49 on my 2010 and loved it,but the 2012 is nothing like that bike.

lol i am assuming that means it was bad ?

i have only rode the 2012 twice, came with 13/49 so i will change to 13/50 to c is that better.?

is it strange that mine came with a 49 ?

P.S i ran 13/49 on my 2010 and loved it,but the 2012 is nothing like that bike.

they changed the tranmission ratio in 2011 and it does not like anything less then 13/50... Unless you're running a track with super long straights..

I own European 2011 and came with 13/49

and actually it sucks.

Gap between 3rd and 4th is too big .

You need to overrev 3rd to cath up 4th on the momentum...

Changed to 13/50

Not that strange, you went from the big to the small class. Or from MX1 to MX2. I don´t get why so many (maybe not you i don´t know) people would never consider a 125, but wan´t to go from 250 2strokes to a 250 4stroke. It can never match a big bike. It will have to be shifted more. No more of the whole track in one gear.

here in the US its the same class. 250 2 stroke and 250 4 strokes race eachother in the 250 class and then theres an open class. as far as switching from the 2stroke to the 4 stroke, the 250f is just easier to ride, not that the jumps are easier but it suits me better

and yes it did. im switchin back to stock 13/50

Yeah.. when I got my 2011 I put my wheel sets from my 07 onto it that had a supersprox 49 on it.. Figured it would only be a marginal if not a non noticible differance... WRONG! it was horrible..

ok just checked with my dealer, all his 2012 kxf 250 have 13/49

how could this be,? :bonk: