ktm 250xc or 300xc??

I want to buy a new woods bike and my friend has a ktm 250xc and i love it but i herd about the ktm 300xc and it is suppose to have a lot more bottom end than the 250 which would be good for me because i am currently riding a honda xr 200 and that bike is a little small for me. So Can you actually feel the difference in bottom end between the 250 and 300?

Umm, that is quite a big jump in power. Remember the 2 strokes of the same displacement put out a lot more power than the 4 stroke.

If you are on a 200 4T air cooled bike now, you may want to consider a smaller bore 2 stroke if that is what you are looking at. the 200 by KTM or Kawasaki would be a nice step up.

May want to see if you can get a ride on one.

Yea...I used to have an xr200...then kdx200...yz250...to GasGas 300 (very similiar to the KTM)...and jumping from an xr200 to the 300 is a huge leap. But if you can ride the KTM 250, you'll be fine. I know my GasGas isnt really much faster than my YZ250 was until your going 60mph+. But it has literally twice the bottom end power, you can lug it around like a four stroke...coming off a xr200 this will actually make it easier to ride, since you dont even have to scream it.

Had both..ACTUALY had the ktm200 as well. love the 200 and the 250. the 300 is ok but too much weight. The 250 and 200 have plenty of power and they are both light..the 250 has the button(:

The difference in weight between the 250 and 300 can't be a selling point. It is what, 0.2 kg?!

• Haha 1

The difference in weight between the 250 and 300 can't be a selling point. It is what, 0.2 kg?!

@OP This thread really sucks... To get useful information, post in bike specific forums.

@ phastasbananas Its rotating mass! Thats why a 200xc will feel heavier than a 150xc!:bonk:

@ phastasbananas Its rotating mass! Thats why a 200xc will feel heavier than a 150xc!?

Yes for the 125/200, and for the 250/300 it would be all good and true if it was'nt for the fact the the 250 & 300 share crank and conrod - so the only difference is the reciprocrating mass of the bigger piston...and those grams would not really matter.

Your turn to get the :banana:

:bonk:

Yes for the 125/200, and for the 250/300 it would be all good and true if it was'nt for the fact the the 250 & 300 share crank and conrod - so the only difference is the reciprocrating mass of the bigger piston...and those grams would not really matter.

Your turn to get the ?

:bonk:

have you ridden both? i have spent time on the 125, 200, 250 and 300..... :banana: back at you

@OP This thread really sucks... To get useful information, post in bike specific forums.

@ phastasbananas Its rotating mass! Thats why a 200xc will feel heavier than a 150xc!:bonk:

your posts aren't adding anything to this thread either, so why add to the suckiness instead of adding pertinent information?? Not have any?

I have owned all 3 sizes, big deal. I will say if you spend a little time setting each up, pull the stickers off, ride them, you will have a hard time telling which is which back to back.

The 300 does ride heavier than the 250, though it is not night and day difference.

Any of the 3 offroad sizes will pull just about anyone anywhere they want to go.

Ok.....my mistake I thought about that after i sent the msg...stupid sorry bout that........ You are definitely correct. I just remember riding the 250 and after falling a few times I really thought it was A LOT lighter. I have a 450 exc and that is heavy but that heavy after wrestling with a 625scx lc4. Thanks for the correction. Merry Xmas

Ok...i've had the 125sx..loved it...hard to climb but on the track...WOW! The 200 is my favorite bike for sure..it'll climb and get with the program....I liked my 300 but it didn't have the button..hey I fall a lot!!! I have a 450exc now and really wish I still had the 2stks. I love my 450...really..no bs. I am using it now for an adventure bike. It's got lots of bling plus the suspension, Recluse..just glad I have a bike!!!Merry Xmas