Sign in to follow this  

07 rmz250 starting in gear ?

whats the secret to starting in gear seems like the motor has to much drag to start in gear

my friend that is a mechanic said not to. I still do sometimes :smirk: but neutral is much better to start in. It does drag a lot in gear if you try. Also I just got brand new MOOSE folding levers :bonk:

Also clutch adjustment is very important if you are dragging you may need to adjust mine hardly drags

I don't think I've ever been able to start my 07 in gear haha. But, I did buy it used last year..

the only bikes i have ever been able to start in gear is my ktm 200 exc my ktm 300 exc trx 300ex and my crf 450r the has less then 50 hours,but other then that good luck. the 450 has to have the oil HOT so its thin, and the motor pretty cool. the 200 will start in gear hot or cold but the hydrolic clutch is auto adjusting, same with the 300 exc, the trx300ex four wheel is eletric start. so ya. other then that ive had a r85l rm 125 rm 250, yz 426f, crf 250r kx 250, yz 250, yz250f drz 125, pw80 lol and a kasea blazer 90 when i was younger.

bike has no clutch problems starts 1st/2nd kick as long as its neutral from what Ive been told its just a 4stroke , we have been on nothing but 2strokes ktm since 2001, my son loves the rmz its just hard to holeshot against 2 strokes from a dead eng. start ,thats woods racing!

bike has no clutch problems starts 1st/2nd kick as long as its neutral from what Ive been told its just a 4stroke , we have been on nothing but 2strokes ktm since 2001, my son loves the rmz its just hard to holeshot against 2 strokes from a dead eng. start ,thats woods racing!

NO!!! thats not woods racing. My son races two "A" classes off road mixed with mx tracks on a RMZ 290. Holeshots a lot of them but hardly ever less than third agents 250 (2st) and 450's. Your going to have to learn the jettng on your bike and adjust it....

i was having the same issuue with mine, what i have found is i start it and warm it up in gear with the clutch in, when they start sending rows off keep the clutch in all the way to the bar, i hold it to the bar till i start and then take off. this rm is the only bike i have had to do this with , what series do you run ? mideast or nchsa

mideast & setra & nchsa, thanks for info, we will try that , race season starts back in jan. setra and mideast starts back in feb. lookin forward to it !

I dont think that jetting is going to fix clutch drag

NO!! your right but like I said in a earlier post, the clutch basket need replacing. The factory basket suck. It's good for maybe 40 hours. A GOOD basket will fit the clutch drag and good jetting will crank the engine 1st kick while warm... We start our race's with dead engine just like a lot of other series...

it has all new hinson clutch kit / and our bike starts 95% of the time on the 1st kick in neutral /mxdj2003 we practiced today and tried what you do, toward the end of prac. it did work about half the time thanks again for information! don"t know what part of sc your from but I have a 5mile practice track very rough and technical, I have pro riders,several a&b riders who practice at my track in spartanburg sc, send me pm if your close

Edited by mwilson