Sign in to follow this  

California December 15th closing date?

No some info on these land closures. I have been told directly by forest rangers that some of my riding areas are being shut down Dec 15th. These places include Deer Creek, Arnold and I am sure there others as well but have been told directly by the rangers that they will shut down. These places have not been shutdown before this year.

My question is, how do they have the authority to close down public lands. I am sure it has something to do with EIS studies but really.....close down the land? Unbelievable. Yes, this year is unique due to fact that it is a late winter and usually these and other places would be under snow and un-ridable but if there is no snow, I want to ride them as long as it is possible....not anymore according the rangers.

limited access is the first step towards complete closure. As usual we have no organized effort as a group to stop this. Its unfortunate but at this point unstoppable. Soon enjoying ohv use will be a felony offense and punishable by fines and jail.

the forest hill area has been closing november 15th or when then snow arrives. it's been open a little later this year due to dry conditions and perhaps because of the wet spring. it used to be open year round but alas no more