Sign in to follow this  

Back to the 125!

i had a 05 rm 125 and absolutley loved it, and then i got an itch to try the 250f. i got a awesome 09 kawi 250f, but i can not stand the thing. I kick and kick and kick the thing. I just the LIGHT 125 and looking back and seeing a beautiful trail of blue

I have to say I do not like the modern four strokes; THUMBS UP FOR 125s

You probably need to rejet the 250f. Mine and all of my friends bikes don't have problems starting hot nor cold.

maybe hit the gym and develop that right leg a bit. A properley jetted and well maintained 4 stroke should start in 1-2 kicks every time. But ehh have fun reving the crap out of that 125.

who could ever hate the sweet smell of premix burnin, the loud buzzing engine. and that snappy powerband. there is just something in a 125 2 stroke that a 250f could never offer me. they are just beautiful machines. its time to get back to the basics, thus two strokes! braaaaap!

maybe hit the gym and develop that right leg a bit. A properley jetted and well maintained 4 stroke should start in 1-2 kicks every time. But ehh have fun reving the crap out of that 125.

all of you four stroke fanboys probably havent given 2 strokes much of a chance.in my opinion, 2 strokes are the purest form of motocross... why you ask? well i love them because motocross was born with 2 strokes. they were the only option in motocross for 30+ years and they should have stayed like that, it kills me to watch a moto nowadays and see a whole line up of 4's, it is just outrageous that the ama does'nt even allow them any longer. its just a shame. i have nothing against 4 strokes, own a couple myself, but for me, nothing even comes close to the scream of a 2 stroke being winded out or wailling across a straightaway. man i hope 2 strokes will make a comeback someday

last time checked 2 stroke was the dominator until around 1999-2000 when the yz 400 came out... never heard of 4 strokes in motocross thru the 70's, 80's, 90's, let alone one that won a race... keep in mind i am talking about motocross, i am well aware there were good 4 stroke enduro bikes back in the day

i love your thinking younggunz. i believe 2 strokes WILL come back if the oil/gas ratio can become leaner and the motocross 2 strokes come with direct fuel injection. a leaner ratio can be engineered with a unique type of premix that lubricates effeciently even with less oil (less polution and resources).

all of you four stroke fanboys probably havent given 2 strokes much of a chance.in my opinion, 2 strokes are the purest form of motocross... why you ask? well i love them because motocross was born with 2 strokes. they were the only option in motocross for 30+ years and they should have stayed like that, it kills me to watch a moto nowadays and see a whole line up of 4's, it is just outrageous that the ama does'nt even allow them any longer. its just a shame. i have nothing against 4 strokes, own a couple myself, but for me, nothing even comes close to the scream of a 2 stroke being winded out or wailling across a straightaway. man i hope 2 strokes will make a comeback someday

Man I could not agree more. I got out of motocross 4 years ago when I went off to college. Sold my 98 honda cr250 that was my baby because I was dying for rent money. That, and I didn't have any riding buddies anymore. Well fast forward to 2 months ago. One of my old riding buddies calls me up and says he has my 98 cr250 sitting in his garage. Apparently he met the kid that currently owns my old bike. Turns out the kid was willing to part with it to buy a 4stroke (xr400? gay) but anyway that kid was a tool and already sold it, I got the $ so fast I don't even know what happened. Think I robbed an old lady but now here she sits again in my garage. Sucks though, all of my new riding buddies all have the 4t's and think they're so cool but honestly they just don't excite me at all. I feel like I'm riding a 4wheeler.

One of my new friends even said "were gonna get your bike right and perfect, get good $ for it and get you a 250f, which is what he owns (why the f*** he thinks I want a 250f is beyond me) That bike is half of what mine is, but I said hell no dude I don't want a 4t If I can lap yall on my 250 2t imagine what I'd do on a 4t. Besides, I've already learned my lesson. Never ever ever parting with my 98' again. Basically everything you said sumps it up for me as well. 2 stroke is motocross. Nothing gets me going like my Honda cr250. The pro's of the 4 stroke don't attract me, where as the pro's of the 2 stroke are everything in my mind.

We're currently rebuilding this bike to utter perfection even though it runs great. By spring this thing will be as fast as it looks.

Nothin' wrong with a little recognition! I'm glad to see it. Was starting to think it was just 4t's round here.

Oh...yeah, I agree. I by no means meant that 250f sucks. It is just MY preference of heavily enjoying my 2t far more than I ever would enjoy the 4t. Just MY story. Not trying to bash that bike. They're obviously amazing. If we all weren't different and have our own preferences then this world would be a horrible place.

Anyone that gets into a pissing match on a forum obviously has other issues and needs to step back and realize they're on a freaking internet forum.

I currently ride a 450, but I plan on picking up a 125 and/or 250 once I finish up school in the middle of next year. I've been reading all of the CR builds in the Honda 2 stroke section and it's making me want one! haha Plus maintenance is a breeze and cheap to boot. (I'll still be keeping my 450 though)

last time checked 2 stroke was the dominator until around 1999-2000 when the yz 400 came out... never heard of 4 strokes in motocross thru the 70's, 80's, 90's, let alone one that won a race... keep in mind i am talking about motocross, i am well aware there were good 4 stroke enduro bikes back in the day

ya your talking modern motocross that you know of.. BUT motocross was around before 1970s and they used 4-strokes..

http://www.kevingerard.com/Motocross%20History.htm

I currently ride a 450, but I plan on picking up a 125 and/or 250 once I finish up school in the middle of next year. I've been reading all of the CR builds in the Honda 2 stroke section and it's making me want one! haha Plus maintenance is a breeze and cheap to boot. (I'll still be keeping my 450 though)

Yea, you're going to love it! But be prepared you will feel like you are going 10x faster than you really are :bonk: and at the same time these bikes make you WORK for it. So, if you get fairly decent on a 250 2t, you'll be the man on your 450 4t.

If four strokes are so great then why when a pro has a video on a 125 or sometimes a 250 2t it is an instant hit. Like Darren Durham on his cr125 or Jimmy D on his cr125. But the best is Justin Barcia on his 125 when he raced amateurs. There are not 4-stroke vids like that. Just the sound of the 2t is more exciting which in my opinion completes the video.

If four strokes are so great then why when a pro has a video on a 125 or sometimes a 250 2t it is an instant hit. Like Darren Durham on his cr125 or Jimmy D on his cr125. But the best is Justin Barcia on his 125 when he raced amateurs. There are not 4-stroke vids like that. Just the sound of the 2t is more exciting which in my opinion completes the video.

ya but u dont see them riding them on saturday afternoons.