Sign in to follow this  

Break-In for KTM XCF-W ?

I will be firing up for the first time my 2011 250 XCF-W Six Days model. How would you suggest to break it in properly? Thank you.

run it thru heat cycles, let it idel thne slowly rev it keep the rpms low no rev limiter. they have to expand and get hot. then once it get warm turn it off....let it cool turn it back on let it sit there rev it a little more, get it a little hotter. turn it off cool......run put around the yard or something . under halkf thorttle. for 15 20 minutes. dont pull the trigger on new bike syndrome. then let it cool down. then have fun btween 0 and 3/4 full throttle.cool then just go have fun ride thrash it!

run it thru heat cycles, let it idel thne slowly rev it keep the rpms low no rev limiter. they have to expand and get hot. then once it get warm turn it off....let it cool turn it back on let it sit there rev it a little more, get it a little hotter. turn it off cool......run put around the yard or something . under halkf thorttle. for 15 20 minutes. dont pull the trigger on new bike syndrome. then let it cool down. then have fun btween 0 and 3/4 full throttle.cool then just go have fun ride thrash it!

Great, thank you! How long for with no more than 3/4 throttle?

I always break in my bikes with easy to moderate riding on the first day, no full throttle and don't lug the engine. The secret is heat cycles, ride the bike until the cylinder gets warm, let it cool until you can touch it with a bare hand, then ride it again, cool, etc. I usually go through three heat/cool cycles, always varying the throttle settings. After the first ride I change the oil and filter, the next ride enjoy your new bike and have fun.