Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of getting a 450!

As the title says. love the zooks are there any certain years to stay away from. Is the injection any better than the carb. Need opinions. Old dude 2 stroke is wearing me out but alot of fun.:bonk:

I wouldn't bother with a pre-08. How much are you looking to spend? $4500 or so should get you a perfect 20-vet-hour old '10 or '11.

I got an 08 RMZ450 for sale in Ashland City for 3200. Come and get it!

If it wasn't so close to Christmas I probably would head your way I've seen your bike on midsouthmx its nice looking.:bonk:

Its good to go. you need a good xmas present too. Where are you located? Where do you ride? We might have ridden at the same place a few times.

Boy, I Ride/Race a 05 and have ridden newer CRF's, YZF's and just got some track time on a buddies 11' KXF and aside from my bike having only 4 gears (Which work great for me, some supercross bikes only have 3) I'm happier on my bike espescially cause I only paid $1,800 for it in absolutely new condition... My bike feels 20lbs lighter than the injected Yami and Kawi and (It almost is :-) almost always starts on the first kick. Everyone that rides my old relic is amazed @ how it handles and how light it feels, most never have ridden a RMZ450.

I came off a RM 250 and was warned about the power of 450's but I love them, always have enough power when I need it to clear obstacles, especially when your racing and fighting for a grove or line or make a mistake and aren't always set up perfectly for the obstacle plus it forced me to get into better physical shape to I can race hard to the finish!

I came off a RM250 when I got my first RMZ450 in 08. I loved it. I sold that bike because the company I worked for went out of business, so I started my own company and I needed the money. If it was not for that I would not have sold it. When I was able to buy another a bike, I bought an 08 RM250. I rode it for a while, it was fun to ride, but I wanted the 450 back. SO, a few months after buying the RM250 I found another 08 RMZ450 on CL and bought it. I really love the bike. The only reason I am selling it is beacuse I like the new KX450. I don't think I will ever go back to a 250 2T. They are fun, but I just like the 450 rides much more. If you ever come to anywhere I ride, I will let you spin a few laps on mine and see what you think. I am considering keeping it now, and still getting a KX450. I really like the bike, and have had great luck with the 2 RMZ450's I have owned.

Its good to go. you need a good xmas present too. Where are you located? Where do you ride? We might have ridden at the same place a few times.

I'm just outside of Memphis my son does all the racing he runs the KOTH series except this past year he sat out to used to riding big bikes I haven't raced since i was a kid

just went back to my 4th 07 rmz450 several months ago and they are great bikes....love the 4 speed for my riding its perfect...never had problems with any of them period...you will read all kinds of opinions on here but i can tell you they are nice bikes compared to a lot of other newer bikes because i have rode a lot of newer ones and still prefer the 07 rmz 450...jmo...:bonk:

guess ill throw in my 0.02 cents: i have riden almost every RMZ since 2007, and compared to the other manufacturers they simply are very well mannered machines. the motors are metered well to get the power to the ground, and a suzuki chasis is something i just cant understand sometimes with how well they handle. VERY highly recomended bike, and in my opinion suzuki has the BEST EFI out there (both for performance and reliability) yet i havent riden the newer kawis yet.

How big/tall are you? To me, the pre-'08 bikes are a little kinder to bigger/taller riders. I find the newer CRFs and RM-Zs to be somewhat small-feeling.

I'm about 6 foot and 205lb.:bonk: