Sign in to follow this  

kibblewhite Valve question

I had a question on the kibblewhite valves for my 05 i always used stock valves but the intakes are killing me so im going to get the black dimond ones but i was wanting to know why they say i must use there spring set, is that because the valves are that much heavier? and is it a good idea to run stock exhaust still or switch them over to i never have to shim them its only the ti oem ones thx.

yes, ss is heavier than TI, that is why all roadrace bikes went to TI and most mx bikes did on at least some valves.

I ran the kw bd intakes with stock valves for awhile. No issues, but was woods riding/racing. Very little bouncing off rev limiter, stock squish, motor in otherwise good health. Next time we replaced valves (even the ss ones won't last THAT much longer than the TI stockers) i went for the expensive spring kit.. can you ? yes. Should you? i don't know what to tell you.

I threw KW BD intake and exhaust valves, had them installed and seats cut with MXtime and they have moved .000 (0) since I have put the head back on 30+hrs

When I was pricing them I don't think the BD valves were but 10-20 bucks more if that.. I might be wrong but that seems to be what I remember..

Just get the proper valve springs to use with there valves!! Then you wont have any worries etc. You can do just the intakes, or do all four while its apart? It up to you. Make sure you get the seats cleaned up and matched to the valves or you will be replacing sooner than you should be etc. I did this last winter to mine and have run 40+ hours on them without a single movement etc.

so should i buy the valves 1st then send them to mxtime and have them match the cut? or have them cut and throw them in

.. ride enough hours, they will move.. 30 hrs? that's nothing. I wouldn't even be checking my valves at that hour interval. 70hrs? yea, then im checking. Iv'e put 70 hrs on my bikes multiple times.

Buy a matching set of springs and valves etc. If you like to have a possible grenade or have the valves drop after a short period of time?? Then mix and match etc. No matter what manufacture? Match the valves with their springs etc. They are designed to work together!

yeah i planned on running oem exhaust valves i not one ever had to shim them over the two years and went threw 2 sets of intakes so i know the exhaust hold up great from oem