Sign in to follow this  

83 XT 550 question?

Hi everyone I am a new owner of an 83 XT 550 that I can currently working on and I have a question. My gas tank is shot and I was wondering if any XT tank from that year will fit on my bike, or do I have to find one that came off of a 550? Any info would be great.

Hi

I have one, it is solid but has some rust and will need a lining added, cost about 35 bucks for liquid compound

parting out an engine also 2800 miles on the bike

Mark

mark.frandsen@yahoo.com

Look on ebay for one i dont know depends what kind of money you want to spend. My tank was pretty dented up and rusty so i restored the tank put body filler in the dents and painted it with good paint and it looks exellent. Xt 550's are pretty kick ass bikes by the way i own one.

I sealed mine a few times then Clark Tanks started making one for the xt 550 just buy one and be done no rust ever again mine has been on for 3 or so years.It fits good I should have waited for the correct color But an out of state riding trip was looming so I took what was in stock mine is black so people cant figure out what kind of bike it is.