Sign in to follow this  

Ktm conversion?

Hi all,

I have a 2008 200xc with 220hours on it. I have been wanting a track bike again, as i have the 200 for trails, cr250 for sand. I have been looking at a 250f, but i cant bring myself to selling my 200 and finding a better condition bike. I was thinking "WHAT IF" i bought a 250sxf motor. Could i fit it in my current chasis now? i know the motor will bolt into the rear frame/ swingarm mount. But i would need to have a welder weld motor mounts for the 250f motor. Which should only be 4 or so then the mounts for the pipe. I would need a 2008 motor, cdi, and radiator hoses for the sxf...

Could i possibly leave the stock 200xc motor mounts and be able to change out motors as easy as that..

This might sound ridiculous and it prob is, but how cool would that be if it worked and you had one bike but 2 different motors. Going from a 200xc two stroke to a 250sxf race bike..

Thanks please leave any imput you have! No hate comments please i have not offended you so dont offend me!

Thanks guys

I dont believe it would be a straight across fit. The SXF engine is quite a bit taller. Other then the motor, other challenges such as mounting the exhaust could become troublesome.

I would think it would be awesome though, swapping a motor over for another in the same bike.

Yes it would be awesome!

Im thinking and hoping when i get my friends 250sxf over here i will take measurements. Im thinking the front engine mounts would hit the 200 cylinder but well see! Also for the height im thinking it might fit, because i dont think ktm changed there frames other then the engine mounts.. Any More input!!