Sign in to follow this  

Lifan 125cc motor fit in a ssr 110 frame?

Ok i bought a used 2010 110 ssr pitbike couple days ago that had a crack in the engine cover so it leaked alot of oil, So i put jb weld on and it worked but when i went out too take it for a drive today sense it was the first time too get it running, it started too leak and the jb weld cracked and a big crack showed up and a big chunk came out from the side so ya it needs a whole cover on the side which the guy did say it needed in the first place, But it seems like it has more problems because the kick starter doesn't work... so i had too roll start it which it started, And the clutch doesn't feel right...

So pretty much my question is will this motor bolt into a ssr 110 pitbike frame?

http://www.amazon.com/Lifan-125cc-Motor-Engine-Complete/dp/B004S3KBNQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3

Thanks

wanted too give a update that i called the company for the motor and they said it will fit aslong as the screw mounts are 6inchs i guess the screws and they are so i aready ordred it and also got the old motor out aready. so will give a update when i get the motor.

Edited by gordesky1

It will bolt right up, the SSR 110 has the same bolt pattern as the crf50. All the 50 based motors will fit. Check T-Bolts web site.

Thats great too hear that it will bolt right up sense i be gettig it today, Hopefully i have it installed also today, But what was diffrent for the wireing? Dont want too put the wires on the wrong way and have it short something out.

Thanks.

Wanted too give a update:)

Got the motor in and put the new wiring and coil that came with the motor in it sense the wires was way different and would've needed too cut the wires and spice them in,

And took it for a first test drive today and it drives really good other than the clutch seems little sticking like if you go down a hill in gear with the motor off with the clutch pulled in its hard too push, But a guy that i know took it for a test drive and said everything just needs broken in and should all clear up,

I

t shift well but just little rough, So just wanted too know is that normal for a new motor that needs broken in? The clutch cable is set right.

Oh another thing it will not hold a idle like if you leave off the throttle at a stop it will stall or even when you start it up with out holding the throttle,

My first pitbike which stolen was a 125cc ssr and a ssr engine with a big bore kit on it.. And that also didn't hold a idle either but ran fine other than that, Any idea why it wont hold a idle?

Other than that im happy with it and its a good replacement for my stolen pitbike.

Wanted too give a update:)

Got the motor in and put the new wiring and coil that came with the motor in it sense the wires was way different and would've needed too cut the wires and spice them in,

And took it for a first test drive today and it drives really good other than the clutch seems little sticking like if you go down a hill in gear with the motor off with the clutch pulled in its hard too push, But a guy that i know took it for a test drive and said everything just needs broken in and should all clear up,

I

t shift well but just little rough, So just wanted too know is that normal for a new motor that needs broken in? The clutch cable is set right.

Oh another thing it will not hold a idle like if you leave off the throttle at a stop it will stall or even when you start it up with out holding the throttle,

My first pitbike which stolen was a 125cc ssr and a ssr engine with a big bore kit on it.. And that also didn't hold a idle either but ran fine other than that, Any idea why it wont hold a idle?

Other than that im happy with it and its a good replacement for my stolen pitbike.

Also ordered a big bore pipe and muffler like that was on my old pitbike because the stock one that's on it someone must've gut it out and its way loud now lol..

Nice to hear you got it going.

Yeah its like theres 2 cdi boxes on the Zong and the lifan only takes the main rev limiter.I had to take mine in cuz I had to replace the stator and there was no wiring harness(all plugs for cdi,coil,etc),so dude basicly direct/hard wired everything,no plugs.Which sux cuz I need a better revbox.

As far as hard shifting,mines getting better(got 10-20hrs on it),but still is kinda hard to shift.Also read a few people saying Lifans are just like that,but great china engines IMAO.And cheap!

Also running 16-50 gearing w/ 2 12" wheels,so I'm usually hi in the rpm's.

So its normal for the clutch too be like this on this engine when new? I havint broken it in all all yet just drove it around my house for couple min because it was getting dark and cold and the muffer is really loud sense it been gutted out but the new big bore muffer should be coming soon too solve that problem.

But it seems like it shifts fine when you get it going but pretty much when you shift in first gear it will pop a wheelie because i have too give it a good bit of thottle so it wont stall, And it wont roll when the bike is off with the clutch held in in first gear.

My old pitbike would move freelie when it was in evey gear with the clutch pulled in that was also a 1 down and 3 up engine.

Will take it for a ride again today if it doeisnt rain all day and see how it rides.

Every thing will smooth out after the break in period. It sounds like you need to adjust your carb - run your air/fuel all the way in then back it out 2 turns,start there then adjust your idle. Make sure the engine is warmed up for 10 min or so.:bonk:

cool:) Thats if this rain will ever quit... Hopefully today i can try it, Wanted too mess with the carb yesterday but rain all day:(

Wanted too give another update.

Took it for a drive the next day after i posted and also got the new big bore pipe on it and everything was going down hill that day..

First burnt carbon was leaking out of the pipe and making the pipe smoke.. Than the oil compartment was steaming when you take it off..

And the oil was milky color.. So not sure what was going on so i took it for one last drive that day and when i was coming up my hill and i herd a big pop and steaming noise and shut it down and something was leaking oil everywhere so i thought the engine blew.

So i was looking around and found out the breather hose has pop off so i was looking at the hose and found out it was pinch between the engine and swing arm.. So i pop that on again and move the hose on the side and everything is fine now lol

Was hoping the engine didn't blew that's all i needed..

But next day went too drove it and it drove pretty good other than the clutch still not engaging as it should be so i change the oil and took it for a drive and started too hold in the clutch and drove for about a min like that with it in than started too shift with out the clutch than the clutch started too finally too work:)

And its working perfect now:) Hold in the clutch and now it will let the engine rev and the bike will now free move instead of it still taking off when you give it throttle and bike moves when you hold the clutch in with the engine off in gear.

Every day now the engine is getting more powerful and will pop a big wheelie now when you pop the clutch:)

But ya everything is perfect now and finally got the bike as i want it as my old pit bike that got stolen. Sounds awesome too with the big bore pipe too.

Glad to hear eveything worked out. What pipe did you go with and did you need to re-jet?

This is the pipe http://www.ebay.com/itm/220905587321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And nope didn't mess with the jets or anything just installed it and ride, Seems like it runs much better with it too.

Even tho not sure if the guy that owned this carb before did anything too it because he did say he bored out the carb which is the main reason right now i didn't use the new carb that came with the lifan.

Overall the pipe is great has a nice mean deep sound too it:)