Sign in to follow this  

changing fork seals

Do you guys know of any tutorials on how to change fork seals on my 2009 kx450f? I did them on my honda and was wondering if anything is different.

What year Honda and model? If they were newer SHOWA 47mm's on your Honda, than the process is identical accept the seal drivers are a different size.

What year Honda and model? If they were newer SHOWA 47mm's on your Honda, than the process is identical accept the seal drivers are a different size.

It was a 2008 crf250r. I ordered the right size seals for my 2009 kx450f. I thought the 2009 kx450f's have kyb suspension. Will it still be the same?

Nice write up D-K. I used the youtube video from Rockymtn...and I used my 09 Service manual. It seems tough, but as long as you go step by step, it will be pretty easy. Its about time to change my fluid again.

I think I have 20hrs on my fluid. Any recommendations on time between fluid changes?

20 hours is normal if you want your suspension to stay fresh. For a normal rider.

It was a 2008 crf250r. I ordered the right size seals for my 2009 kx450f. I thought the 2009 kx450f's have kyb suspension. Will it still be the same?

If you did those SHOWA Twin Chambers you can do KYB AOS. Same setup really. The posts on You Tube looked helpful. I have done both plus WP and Marzocchi. The SHOWA and KYB are easy. SHOWA's are 47mm and KYB 48mm. That is why the seal driver's are different size.