Sign in to follow this  

Arthroscopy with repair of posterior superior labral

Hi Dr Mark I m a 39 yr old framer I injured my right shoulder in Dec 2010 after 4 shots of cortisone and 3 MRI's last one being a arthrogram this was the diagnosis I had a large degenerative tear in the anterior glenoid labrum that had flipped down into the joint.there was minimal labrum remaining from 12 to 2 I also had extension of an unstable bicep anchor back to the 9:30 position and thlabrum could easily be rolled with external rotation in the abducted position. He placed 2 anchors one at 10 and 11:30 positions on the glenoid labral lipand due to minimum labrum from 12 to 2 for debridement. Now here we are few days short of a yr and after 5 months of OT I still have sharp stabbing pain in the bicep tendon in the bicipidal groove and in the superspanitus muscle group I just recieved another arthrogram and the Dr commented on there being a lot scar tissue and some tightening of some membrane . Did i push to hard threw ot or could we have missed something?

I can barely think of a person who less needed a SLAP repair and more needed a biceps tenodesis than you. Now, if you are miserable enough, you need to get what you needed the first time, a tenodesis of the biceps tendon.