Sign in to follow this  

Brand New 2011 TE250 $5963 OTD

I just won an Ebay auction for a brand new 2011 TE250 and had to tell someone. Are there any FREE or almost free mods I need to make? If I spend another nickel I will need to find a new home. We are just getting into winter here in the snow belt, so I am going to have to look at my new bike for a good 4 months before I will be able to ride it.

Bike $4999.99

Dealer setup and doc fees $250.00

PA Tax $300.00

Shipping MN to PA $313

Est. Notary Fee and Plates $100

Total OTD $5963 :bonk:

Edited by carlrbrugger
Wrong State, duh! Minnesota not Wisconsin. Never been to either

Curious what dealer in WI is selling on Ebay???

The Power UP MODS are your first order of business search on that- those are your "free mods" take o2 sensor out, CAT, throttle restrictor, ensure airfilter is using the cage, don't use any of the Charcoal canister stuff, Properly remove the nipple and fill hole in Throttle body that goes to the canister with a proper sized bolt (don't just use a vacume plug), don't use the gas tank one way valve (use a straight vent hose (no valve))... grease it up, tighten bolts, let air out of the tires, and have fun!

Vacuum cap will work just fine if you utilize the spring clamp on the old cannister line and a little rtv coating the nipple prior is a nice touch to secure it.

Do an Ebay search you'll find it. "Husqvarna" in the motorcycle category

Congrats and enjoy! Nice bike! Do the PU mods as mentioned and you will be good to go. You have 4 months to get it done...

The Power UP MODS are your first order of business search on that- those are your "free mods" take o2 sensor out, CAT, throttle restrictor, ensure airfilter is using the cage, don't use any of the Charcoal canister stuff, Properly remove the nipple and fill hole in Throttle body that goes to the canister with a proper sized bolt (don't just use a vacume plug), don't use the gas tank one way valve (use a straight vent hose (no valve))... grease it up, tighten bolts, let air out of the tires, and have fun!

Sorry, It was Minnesota.

Heinen's in Osseo. I was looking at different Dealers and got the two mixed up.

Total went up by $20 (an excise fee??)

Still $5983 is a great deal if you ask me. My wife is still a little mad though. I am $800 over budget.

They still have a couple left over bikes. I think they just want rid of last years models

2010 SM 510R..... $6199

2011 TC 449........ $4999

2011 TE 250......... $5199 (got this one for $4999.99)

2011 TE 449......... $5999

2011 TXC 449...... $5199

2011 TXC 511...... $5299

Edited by carlrbrugger
Added Info

Can I do these mods without a Power Commander? Does anyone know if the O2 sensor is "narrow band" or "wide band"? I kinda like the idea of a closed loop system if I have the ability to adjust to a 13:1 ratio from what I assume is an EPA mandated (and lean) AFR. But I bet mileage would suffer.

Can I do these mods without a Power Commander? Does anyone know if the O2 sensor is "narrow band" or "wide band"? I kinda like the idea of a closed loop system if I have the ability to adjust to a 13:1 ratio from what I assume is an EPA mandated (and lean) AFR. But I bet mileage would suffer.

Your bike does not need a Power COmander to go into Power UP mode... However at some point, whether immediately or down the road- you will need to calibrate your efi settings and TPS, wheter with Ibeat, PC, or JD. Going into power mode does not make that more likely- in fact performance wise, it is more likely you will find what appears to be fueling problems in 'stock' mode due to being lean- intentionally lean. The O2 sensor is a narrow band o2 sensor- that attempts to lean out the system when it can- not really adjusting for best performance but best emissions in theory. fuel milage is probably best right now in stock mode- but the motor is not as happy and you will have a greater likelhood of stalling, flameouts, hesitation..... take it in the woods when you get a chance you'll see what I mean:thumbsup:

Your bike does not need a Power COmander to go into Power UP mode... However at some point, whether immediately or down the road- you will need to calibrate your efi settings and TPS, wheter with Ibeat, PC, or JD. Going into power mode does not make that more likely- in fact performance wise, it is more likely you will find what appears to be fueling problems in 'stock' mode due to being lean- intentionally lean. The O2 sensor is a narrow band o2 sensor- that attempts to lean out the system when it can- not really adjusting for best performance but best emissions in theory. fuel milage is probably best right now in stock mode- but the motor is not as happy and you will have a greater likelhood of stalling, flameouts, hesitation..... take it in the woods when you get a chance you'll see what I mean:thumbsup:

Thanks DRZ