Sign in to follow this  

Ontario Southwestern Ontario Riders

I used to be on this site a lot a few years ago, I come back and almost everything has disappeared in the Canada section (kinda bul*shit, but I guess these things happen).

Anyways, I'm from the Hamilton area and ride mainly motocross. Anyone else from around here?

I agree on this site taking a nosedive recently. Met some people off it before and it was a good resource for riding.

I live in Barrie now. Practice at RJ's Weds/Sat's and Im looking to get back into racing in 2012. If you ever want to hook up and head to Gophers next year let me know.

Cambridge, Ontario.

This past season was my first and I spent a fair amount of time at Gophers. Totally dig that track. Also met Colton Facciotti. Was kinda neat.

I'm also from Cambridge, although mainly I spend my time at a private track I have access to. Ridden at the practice track a couple times, although I prefer going to free place over anything else.

I'm also from Cambridge, although mainly I spend my time at a private track I have access to. Ridden at the practice track a couple times, although I prefer going to free place over anything else.

Dude. Hook a brother up. :bonk:

Dude. Hook a brother up. :bonk:

What type of bikes? I've sort of instated a no loud four strokes rule. Nobody complains to the land owner and it would be nice to keep it that way. As long as you understand the rest of the rules, you could come for a ride. It's also a pretty good track for kids to burn around on too, my cousins and a friends son have a blast out there too on their smaller bikes.

It's more like a old school style MX track, not many jumps, but lots of technical sections. Also pretty tight so most sections are around 2-3 bikes wide, and around 4ish minutes a lap.

What type of bikes? I've sort of instated a no loud four strokes rule. Nobody complains to the land owner and it would be nice to keep it that way. As long as you understand the rest of the rules, you could come for a ride. It's also a pretty good track for kids to burn around on too, my cousins and a friends son have a blast out there too on their smaller bikes.

It's more like a old school style MX track, not many jumps, but lots of technical sections. Also pretty tight so most sections are around 2-3 bikes wide, and around 4ish minutes a lap.

I'm totally cool with any of that. My son and I ride a kx85 and a yz125 respectively. My bro-in-law works at LCL in Cambridge and he's on a CR125. We've got a few months before we need to make plans but if it's possible we'd really appreciate it.

I've heard there's a track near Drumbo, one near Danayr in Ayr (spelling?) and I saw one just off Glen Morris road once otw to Paris. Anything is better than nothing.

Thanks a pile Zap.

Hey guys, glad to see some other people from SWO. I live about 15 mins from gopher dunes at Tillsonburg. Just picked up another 08 YZ125 to rip around on. I have a track, didn't ride it last summer much as I went to school. We should have a few ppl meet up at gopher or somewhere one day in the spring. One thing I love about SWO, is the abundance of private tracks, and places to ride.

I'd totally be cool with that. :bonk:

Given that I'm so new to the sport I have little in terms of a mx network. Any invites are welcome.

The kid and I are joining the TVR in February; my bro-in-law has been a member the last two years. Any of y'all members?

Port Perry ontario. Just riding a 125cc pit bike, hit me up in you wanna ride together, I also got private land.

That's awesome. Looks like there are still a few of us on the site.

I'm from Hamilton, I have a YZ125 so no huge noise complaints would come from me. I ride at The Pit, the 15 Practice track (Drumbo), Gopher Dunes, and occasionally go to Western New York (like Area 51).

If anyone has a private track that they are wiling to allow riders at, I'd be more than willing to pay and help with maintenance of the track. ALWAYS looking for a place to ride. I'm also 21 years old.

Im from Hamilton to, usually ride SCR club track, gophers, eagles nest.

This year coming up i want to expand my track history, hit up the pit, 15 (no idea where it is), walton, motopark.

Hey guys, Im also from Hamilton. I am going to Motopark this weekend (super early opening weekend!) anyone else heading up that way?

If anyone hears of a 07+ YZ250 for sale, PM me! I need one like yesterday, also I am looking for a 05-12 yz125 cylinder, thanks guys.

I will probably start riding soon now that it is freakin 20 degrees outside

also I PMed you highflyernick, ive got a few cylinders and bikes for sale

Hi fellas! I'm in Burlington my problem is 450 racing ktm so its not a hush pappy,my question is dunes say 26 kilometers long trail-any good?Any riders been there before?What about logging roads-have ya been on those,cops patroling logging roads?

Gopher Dunes info here... http://www.gopherdunes.com/www.gopherdunes.com/Riding_Rules_Waivers.html

Most roads are watched by the police. I have personally seen a guy issued close to $5,0000.00 in fines. Most times the police will catch guys loading or unloading their bikes. A lot of time the guys riding legal quiet bikes will point the police towards the problem bikes that are causing us to loose so many riding areas.

anybody ever been to Valley Creek Motopark in tottenham (about a half hour south of barrie)? it sorta got shut down last year because of the noise but no one really knows whats happening this year. I want to start going to some tracks, anybody know of some near me? or any trails? the closest i could find are some trails in baxter, and not very many tracks...

Thanks guys!