Sign in to follow this  

What you think?

First off I love older bikes, the character they have is second to none. Like for instance this 1978 Honda XL 125, beutiful bike even when its a little banged up. Or the 1985 XR350R sitting in my garage(how I wish I could buy it off the guy), One of my favorites is the little 1969 Honda Z50 Mini trail, its one of my old teachers, and it is awesome.

I know im going to buy, because I see no reason in not buying it, but I thought I would share it with ya just because. A friend of mine has a 1980 Suzuki GS450L that he needs to get rid of. It was running when he stored it a few months ago, and all it needs is a little love. It is in perfect shape, just a sweet bike. It might not be rare, but like I said I love the older bikes. He told me if I gave him $100 I could take it home. I looked it over and there is nothing wrong with it, its not seized and I was very impressed. Only problem is right now I can't store it in my garage and he needs the room in his shop, but my best bud Lynn offered to store it until I got done with the other bikes. So hopefully tomorrow I will have a new street cruiser. I know this is long, but its 12:17 am right now and I felt like doing something.

What do you think of these bikes if you have experience with them? thanks

I've had some experience with a gs 450e which is similar. I think the L models are fugly the e was more of standard/naked bike. Just check the intake boots and other rubber parts most are hard as a rock and will require replacing. The gs450 I've ridden was a nice bike especially if your just starting, not all that heavy, not too much power but still enough to easily get up to speed.

gs450-e.jpg

If you are really 19 like it says in your profile, I am impressed.

(Im not 70 like it says in mine)

Those bikes were slow and heavy. But Im thinking you arent racing with it. There is a point you can have too many bikes. Not because you can only ride one at a time like people dont understand our passion for bikes, But because you can have too many things going on at once and its hard to focus on the projects you have.Not saying this needs work or the other ones you have do too. Just some cheap advice. If you are 19 work on making money to have your own nice shop. When you get serious with a chick, get serious with one that understands your passion. Because you can end up watching The Bachelor with her on Monday nights rather than splitting a case on a YZ450 downstairs in the garage.

Are those other bikes in your garage yours? Im not understanding. If not get that 400 and ride the wheels off it.And get the hell our of South Dakota. Im sure its nice but I never heard of someone loading up a Motorhome and Enclosed trailer and say they want to go to South Dakota to go riding

That's a cool looking bike. Im heading out there in about an hour, ill take a picture and post it. I like the looks of it. My WR450 works on the street, but it sits way to high, so just to have the GS to cruise around would be sweet.

If you are really 19 like it says in your profile, I am impressed.

(Im not 70 like it says in mine)

Those bikes were slow and heavy. But Im thinking you arent racing with it. There is a point you can have too many bikes. Not because you can only ride one at a time like people dont understand our passion for bikes, But because you can have too many things going on at once and its hard to focus on the projects you have.Not saying this needs work or the other ones you have do too. Just some cheap advice. If you are 19 work on making money to have your own nice shop. When you get serious with a chick, get serious with one that understands your passion. Because you can end up watching The Bachelor with her on Monday nights rather than splitting a case on a YZ450 downstairs in the garage.

Are those other bikes in your garage yours? Im not understanding. If not get that 400 and ride the wheels off it.And get the hell our of South Dakota. Im sure its nice but I never heard of someone loading up a Motorhome and Enclosed trailer and say they want to go to South Dakota to go riding

They are not all mine. I only own my WR450F and my little CRF150F, and soon the GS450L, just as soon as the guy with the 350 pays me. I just work on them man, and I am 19 born in May of 1992. Im not liscensed, but I always fix my friends, and they recomend me to people. So thats what I do to have fun. My Ex loved motorcycles to, she rode a CRF230F and we went everywhere together, she broke up with me since we were graduating and she was leaving for college and I wasnt. we still stay in touch from time to time. I love motorcycles, they just make me feel... I cant explain it, I can just get away from it all when im working on them.