Sign in to follow this  

I am looking to Upgrade my Bike....

I am looking to upgrade to a newer bike and I am wondering if anyone out there would be able to recommend a bike that would soot my riding style and experience.

I have a 2001 DRZ 250 and a 2003 KX 250. I like both bikes for different reasons but the wife wants me to get rid of one. So my thought is to sell both and buy one that will combine the fun of both of those bikes. I like the power and torque of the KX but like that I can lug the DRZ when I get into problem areas. I am thinking of a 400 or bigger but my only dilema is that I am 5'8 and weigh 175. My buddies YZF 426 is an excellent bike but I have trouble touching with one foot, its a little tall. Any ideas??? I want lots of power but need to be a little closer to the ground for problem areas so I don't dump it. Any help would be appreciated. :bonk:

i would say to get maybe a gasgas 300, heard they have a low seat height, or maybe a ktm xc300 they are kind of short as well. you can also just get a different suspension and/or setup for any bike that you want to make it a bit shorter, that way, no bikes are off limits...